A desktop folder shortcut is a useful tool to quickly navigate to a folder you’re frequenting in SOLIDWORKS PDM.
How to create a folder shortcut to a vault folder in Windows 10
- Navigate into the folder you’d like to create a shortcut to
- Select the entire folder path then; right-click > Copy
- Go back to your desktop (or wherever on your local machine you’d like to create the shortcut)
- Right-click > New > Shortcut
- Right-Click > Paste the copied SOLIDWORKS PDM folder shortcut into the location dialog
- Click Next > Name the SOLIDWORKS PDM folder shortcut > Finish
- Then the shortcut is created
Quick Access Panel
In Windows 10 we also have the option to add folders to the Quick access panel;
- Navigate to the folder you’d like to create a link to
- Right-click > Pin to Quick access
- Then whenever we’re in Windows Explorer, we’ll have quick access to frequently used vault folders
Need SOLIDWORKS PDM Training?
Learn more about our SOLIDWORKS PDM training courses for users and administrators.
Want to do more with SOLIDWORKS PDM?
Our Certified SOLIDWORKS PDM Experts can help you to: