New in SOLIDWORKS PDM 2019 Professional we have the ability to convert sheet metal flat patterns. The Convert Task in SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional converts flat patterns to the DWG/DXF file format.
NOTE: The following SOLIDWORKS PDM Convert Sheet Metal Flat Patterns steps are for SOLIDWORKS 2018 or later
Here are the steps to create the convert task to produce the sheet mental flat pattern drawings.
- Right-click on the Convert Task and select “Copy”
- Double-Click the new copy of the task that is created to begin editing it. Start by renaming the task.
- On the “Execution Method” screen, make sure that the task host is set up to run only on systems that have SOLIDWORKS 2018 or later installed.
- On the “Menu Command“screen, adjust the task’s label in the Right-Click menu.
- On the “Conversion Settings” screen, select DWG Format or DXF Format in Output file format: dialog box.
- Click on Conversion Options.
- The following options are applied when converting DWG/DXF format files:
- The details for each option:
- Set up the Output File Details and other options as you do for other convert tasks.
- Once the SOLIDWORKS PDM Convert Sheet Metal Flat Patterns task is set up, you can now either launch the task from a right-click menu, or you can trigger it automatically from a Workflow Transition Action.
Upcoming Related Event
Become a SOLIDWORKS Expert by watching a LIVE Broadcast in October to learn What's New in SOLIDWORKS 2022, plus learn about 3D Scanning, and Additive Manufacturing.