A question I often come across while on tech support is:
How do I move files from one SOLIDWORKS PDM workflow to another?
When a new SOLIDWORKS PDM workflow has been created and additional logic and transitions or states added. There is a need to move many existing files over to the new workflow, the following steps are recommended:
- Right-Click in the open area of the old workflow and select “New Workflow Link”
- Select the Workflow Link Properties, new workflow where the files will be moved and the state files need to be moved to
- Add a transition from current state of the files to the “New Workflow Link” and assign permissions to users/groups to access the new transition and save the workflow
- Right-Click on the file, select Move to Customer Parts Workflow under State Change
- Press OK to change the workflow
- Files are in the new workflow/state
NOTE: Validate any workflow changes in a test environment BEFORE making any such global changes in a live production system.