This article aims to describe the steps to install SOLIDWORKS PDM in a client machine in a simplified way, as a quick reference. For detailed instructions, please refer to the SOLIDWORKS PDM Installation Guide on the SOLIDWORKS website.
SOLIDWORKS PDM Client Installation Steps
Before you begin, make sure you are logged on to the client computer as a user with local administrative rights.
Run \SWPDMClient\setup.exe from the installation media or folder to install SOLIDWORKS PDM client.
STEP 2: Click Next
STEP 3: Accept the license agreement and click Next
STEP 4: To accept the default installation location, click Next. To specify a different installation location:
- Click Change.
- Browse to the new location.
- Click OK.
- Click Next
STEP 5: Select the type of client to install: Select PDM Product
- SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional: Select if you connect to SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional server only.
- SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard: Select if you connect to SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard server only.
STEP 6: a. Select the type of client to install, based on your license:
- SOLIDWORKS PDM CAD Editor
- SOLIDWORKS PDM Contributor
- SOLIDWORKS PDM Viewer
STEP 7: If the product type is SOLIDWORKS PDM CAD Editor, Select Add-Ins
You can select:
- Microsoft Office Integration, SOLIDWORKS, DraftSight, Inventor, and AutoCAD add-ins for SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional client.
- SOLIDWORKS and DraftSight add-ins for SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard client.
STEP 8: Click Install
Step 9: Click Finish
Need help with your SOLIDWORKS PDM Install?
Javelin provides a SOLIDWORKS PDM implementation service that will ensure your PDM system is installed correctly and optimized for your business. Certified PDM Implementation experts will also advise you on best practices and make you self sufficient. We have refined the implementation process over 20+ years helping thousands of customers with data and document management issues. Learn more about the service »
Want to do more with SOLIDWORKS PDM?
Our Certified SOLIDWORKS PDM Experts can help you to: