SOLIDWORKS PDM 2021 has improved performance of file-based operations such as Add Files, Check-In, Destroy and other operations related to workflows.
Improved system performance will help you quickly add, check-in, open, and change state of files with large reference structure. The Add Files operation is between 1.5 to 3 times faster in SOLIDWORKS PDM 2021.
The Check-in and change state operations have increased performance by approximately 25%. The Check-in dialog box opens quickly in PDM 2021 with large assemblies or parts with a high number of configurations.
NOTE: The level of performance improvement can vary depending on the number of files, network bandwidth and CPU cores.
In SOLIDWORKS PDM 2021 you can destroy files or folders quicker than before. This operation has significant improvement in performance when destroying a large number of files.
Other PDM Operations and Workflows
Performance is significantly improved for the following operations:
- For folders containing a very large number of files:
- Check-in and Check-out of a file
- Adding a new file by dragging or by copying and pasting
- Creating a new file from a template
- For assemblies with a large number of components at a single level, when working in SOLIDWORKS:
- Opening files
- Saving files
- Switching windows
- Editing a target file name in the Copy Tree dialog box in a high-latency environment
- Using Copy Tree when a user setting is added to clear variable values
Want to do more with SOLIDWORKS PDM?
Our Certified SOLIDWORKS PDM Experts can help you to: