After you have installed SOLIDWORKS software you must activate the license for that computer before you can use it.
If you disable a computer or move SOLIDWORKS software from one computer to another, you must deactivate the license to the license key server at Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corporation. Then, you reactivate the license on the other computer. For details about deactivating, and reactivating SOLIDWORKS licenses, see SOLIDWORKS Standalone License Deactivation and Activation.
To activate SOLIDWORKS
- Run SOLIDWORKS software from the Start menu on your machine. You may need to accept the license agreement if you are running the software for the first time
- Select the Help icon in the top-right of the SOLIDWORKS interface and select Licenses > Activate (in SOLIDWORKS releases prior to 2020 this would be found under the Help menu)
Note: The activation menu will launch automatically when you start SOLIDWORKS on a new or non-activated computer.
- In the SOLIDWORKS Product Activation dialog pick Select All for the licenses to be activated
- Pick Next and the Activation Manager should activate your product
- To verify your product is activated select Help icon > Licenses > Show…
Note: For the ‘Manually via e-mail’ method, you will be prompted to save a Request file. Attach the file to an email addressed to email@example.com. Within 10 minutes, you should receive an email back with a Response file from the Dassault Systemes automated system.
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: