When using SOLIDWORKS Routing, a simple way to have a coil of tubing for strain relief or packaging reasons, is to create the helix outside of the 3D Route sketch and then use convert entities to copy the helix into the Route sketch.
The basic steps for Helix for route are:
- Insert a dummy part to create the helix in
- Create the 2D sketch to control the diameter of the helix
- Create the helix for route using the standard helix sketch feature
- Edit the 3D sketch and use the ‘Convert Entities’ sketch tool to transfer the helix into the 3D sketch
- Lastly, tie in the transferred helix into the route sketch.
Learn more about SOLIDWORKS Routing
To learn more about SOLIDWORKS Routing you should attend our SOLIDWORKS Routing training course either online or in a classroom near you.