Using the Snap and Align tools to center notes in a SOLIDWORKS Drawing Title Block has always been a little bit cumbersome; but there is a tool available to center a note on a rectangle. Here is how it works:
- Right-click on a SOLIDWORKS Drawing Sheet and select Edit Sheet Format from the shortcut menu.
- Then pick the note that you want to align in the title box; in this example I have a custom property note linked to a part material which is displayed as ‘AISI 304’, as shown in the figure below. As you can see the note is not centered in the material box of the title block as required.
- To align it to the center of the box right-click on the note and select Snap to Rectangle Center from the shortcut menu.
- If you notice in the bottom-left of the SOLIDWORKS Window the prompt states ‘Select 4 sides of rectangle’, now this doesn’t mean you have to select a sketch rectangle (although you could select a rectangle), it can be four lines that form a rectangle. So I’ll pick the four lines of the title block as shown in figure 3 below, the order of selection does not matter.
- The text will now relocate to the center of the box as shown below in figure 4.
Want more Drawing tips?
Our two-day SOLIDWORKS Drawings training course focuses on creating and managing complex drawings of SOLIDWORKS models (parts and assemblies) using the ANSI or ISO standards. You will learn how to quickly create and detail any type of drawing views, insert parametric Bill of Materials, Cut Lists or other parametric data tables, customize drawing sheets, and creating smart title blocks. A special lesson is dedicated to quick and easy management of large assembly drawings.
Certified SOLIDWORKS Services available from Javelin
Javelin can help you to: