The DS SOLIDWORKS team has continued it’s ever adaptive model of listening to their users and adding changes to SOLIDWORKS Electrical. The 2017 version has introduced new features which we hope customers will enjoy using and help them to be more productive. Listed below are Javelin’s SOLIDWORKS Electrical 2017 Top 5 Feature picks:
- Super Part: As the name suggests is a collective of parts to make a super part. This can be used in scenarios where multiple parts are grouped as one within the design especially for components like Connectors (pins, shell etc.).
- Automatic updates to Terminal Strips and Reports: Users no longer have to refresh/update Terminal drawing sheets or reports sheets, the 2017 Version updates those sheets automatically. Thus reducing number of clicks required and eliminate human intervention required to keep these up to date.
- Attribute visibility in Title blocks: Now the visibility of attributes while in edit mode can be manipulated to either display the attribute as is or the value of the attribute or simply the description of each attribute. This makes planning the sheet a lot easier which designing or managing the development of your title block.
- “Go To” feature in Design Rule check report: It is now possible to directly jump from this report to the issue. With this introduction, SOLIDWORKS hopes that it will help increase the efficiency of resolving design issues faster.
- Propagate data to connected objects: This helps program more automation by propagation of data from components over to destination objects or wires as such. With this feature it is now possible to get desired levels of information around PLCs and Terminals on to wires.
Needless to say that SOLIDWORKS development always indulge in making this design system extremely intuitive and simple to use.
Lots of interface updates were applied to SOLIDWORKS Electrical 2017 with hopes of making this the most productive and engaging experience.
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Resources
Access our resources page to get everything you need to learn what’s new in SOLIDWORKS 2017; including tech tips, demonstrations, and upcoming product webinars.