SOLIDWORKS has updated their System Requirements to include SOLIDWORKS 2018. This includes updates to the End of Life (EOL) plan for SOLIDWORKS and other products. In addition, the SOLIDWORKS Product Data Management web page has been simplified to update many notes for clarity.
We strongly recommend that you familiarize yourself with these updates and pay particular attention to:
- EOL SOLIDWORKS Workgroup PDM products is 2017 SP05
- SOLIDWORKS 2018 client is NOT compatible with a 2017 vault. When the time comes to upgrade to SOLIDWORKS 2018, a migration from WPDM to one of SOLIDWORKS other PDM solutions will be required at the time of the upgrade.
- Windows Server 2008 R2, SP1 is NOT supported by 2018, including license manager
- EOL Windows 8.1, 64-bit is 2018 SP5
- EOL Windows Server 2012 is 2018 SP05
- EOL Windows Server 2012 R2 is 2019 SP05
- EOL Excel, Word 2013 is 2020 SP5
- SOLIDWORKS 2018 on Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 requires the Microsoft April 2014 update