SOLIDWORKS has a lot of tools that allows users to model a simple part design to mount a VFD all the way up to simulating a real life flow simulation task and even extends out to data management capabilities.
Given the above range of events, there also exists a tool in the background that allows users to develop code to integrate within their process for redundant tasks to make their day to day workflow simpler known as Application Program Interface (API).
The SOLIDWORKS API Interface has been around since 2010 and is going strong. The late-breaking updates for the tool can be found on the SOLIDWORKS API Help website, but below is a sneak peek. SOLIDWORKS 2020 API includes that ability to:
Dim instance As ISelectionMgr Dim Append As System.Boolean
- True to append the new selection list to the suspended selection list and resume the combined selection list, false to just resume the suspended selection list
- Create and edit:
- Find missing references in fillets and chamfers and reassign them to new edges.
- Get or Set:
- Since models into 2D sketches sections.
- Sort a body cut list folder
- Use 3D Interconnect functionality
- Use improved mass property reporting