SOLIDWORKS has a lot of tools that allows users to model a simple part design to mount a VFD all the way up to simulating a real life flow simulation task and even extends out to data management capabilities.
Given the above range of events, there also exists a tool in the background that allows users to develop code to integrate within their process for redundant tasks to make their day to day workflow simpler known as Application Program Interface (API).
The SOLIDWORKS API Interface has been around since 2010 and is going strong. The late-breaking updates for the tool can be found on the SOLIDWORKS API Help website, but below is a sneak peek. SOLIDWORKS 2020 API includes that ability to:
Dim instance As ISelectionMgr Dim Append As System.Boolean
- True to append the new selection list to the suspended selection list and resume the combined selection list, false to just resume the suspended selection list
- Create and edit:
- Find missing references in fillets and chamfers and reassign them to new edges.
- Get or Set:
- Library feature data objects
- Whether a sketch is editable
- Whether to convert width polylines to solid fill hatches when importing to part sketches.
- Since models into 2D sketches sections.
- Sort a body cut list folder
- Use 3D Interconnect functionality
- Use improved mass property reporting
Learn more about SOLIDWORKS Macros/API
Javelin provides SOLIDWORKS VB for Applications and SOLIDWORKS API training courses, which you can take live online, or in one of our Canadian classrooms. Check our schedule to learn more.
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: