SOLIDWORKS 2016 introduces Instant2D to dynamically manipulate sketch dimensions in sketch mode. You can click a dimension and quickly change its value by dragging without the need to click Rebuild to reset the geometry.
With SOLIDWORKS 2016 Instant2D you can now:
- View the dimension handles or Instant2D Rulers while selecting dimensions in sketch mode.
- Edit dimensions for any dimension type in the dimension input value box by clicking a dimension value.
When working with a sketch drag on a dimension handle to adjust the dimension size graphically as shown in the figure below:
- Ensure the Instant2D tool is enabled on the Sketch CommandManager
- Pick a dimension and note the dimension handles (blue balls) appear on the dimension extension lines
- Click and drag a dimension handle and you’ll notice a ruler will appear allowing you to visually change the value
- Drag over the lines of the ruler and your pointer will snap to the rule lines to provide exact value changes:
- Drag on the minor lines of the ruler to make small incremental changes
- Drag on the major lines of the ruler to make large incremental changes
- Drop the pointer onto the value or position required and the sketch will update
NOTE: Instant2D is available in sketch mode for both 2D and 3D sketches.
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: