You probably have big plans to learn SOLIDWORKS, gain new skills, and become a better user. You likely want to spend a couple of days attending a training course with a SOLIDWORKS expert to learn new techniques and get your questions answered. However you probably can’t make it out to your local training provider for a number of reasons, the most common of which are listed below:
- I’m too busy at work and I’ve not got the time to spend entire days in a training class to learn SOLIDWORKS.
- I need to be in the office to deal with on going issues, it’s tough to be off site at a training facility.
- Your training facility is in an inconvenient location for me.
- I want to learn on my own machine, in my own office, or even better from home!
- My local training provider does not have a class available?
Solution: Javelin Online LIVE Training!
We understand all of the reasons why it’s difficult to attend a training course which is why we offer an alternative for busy SOLIDWORKS users, it’s called JOLT, Javelin Online Live Training. If you are unable to leave the office to take a training course then we can bring the classroom to you for a short period of time during your work day.
For just a few hours a day you can take the same certified SOLIDWORKS class over the web. It is exactly the same experience as a classroom based course but with a more convenient delivery that will allow you to learn SOLIDWORKS from your office or home, without disrupting your entire work day!
Training is delivered via a live interactive learning environment where you can ask questions, get immediate answers from the instructor, and learn hands-on with SOLIDWORKS exercise files.
Features and Benefits
- Training that reduces work day disruption: It’s convenient and allows for little disruption to your working day. Live online training courses are only 4 hours per day.
- Live online instruction from certified trainers: Certified SOLIDWORKS Instructors pass on their experience and provide best practices and tips.
- More effective than video based training: With recorded videos customers are often not as focused on the training and skip exercises; plus with live online training the instructor is available to provide help and answer your questions.
- Hands-on Practical Training: You get plenty of time to try out the exercises and learn by using your SOLIDWORKS software.
- Certificate when training is completed: Just like our regular classroom based training courses you will receive a certificate when you have completed a course. Allowing you to show that you are proficient with SOLIDWORKS!
Learn more about JOLT and hear from customers who have taken the training in the overview video below:
Wide variety of courses available
There is a wide variety of courses available to help you learn SOLIDWORKS, including 3D CAD, Simulation, Electrical and our popular GD&T fundamentals training is also available online. Learn more about the courses on offer below:
SOLIDWORKS CAD Training
Our SOLIDWORKS courses allow you to develop your skills with process based training. Start with the SOLIDWORKS Essentials course and move on to Part Modeling, Surfacing, and Assembly Modeling, creating Drawings, and Rendering / Animation. You can also take application specific courses including Sheet Metal, Weldments, and Routing courses. All the courses are hands-on and will allow you to learn how to use SOLIDWORKS by carrying out common tasks. View our SOLIDWORKS training courses »
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Training
We take the complexity out of learning how to apply SOLIDWORKS Simulation to the design process. You will learn how to become more productive through comprehensive hands-on training. Courses cover the different modules available with simulation including SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional, SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation, SOLIDWORKS Simulation Dynamics, SOLIDWORKS Simulation Nonlinear and SOLIDWORKS Motion. Training is delivered by certified instructors with years of real world FEA and CFD design experience. View our SOLIDWORKS Simulation training courses »
SOLIDWORKS Electrical Training
Learn SOLIDWORKS Electrical intelligent system design. Courses cover 2D and 3D tools, including the comprehensive parts database, and real-time integration of your 2D schematics and 3D models. Courses are delivered by SOLIDWORKS Electrical specialists with real life electrical experience. View our SOLIDWORKS Electrical training courses »
SOLIDWORKS PDM Training
SOLIDWORKS PDM Training has been refined after helping hundreds of customers with data and document management issues. Courses for users and administrators of SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional and Standard versions are available. View our SOLIDWORKS PDM training courses »
Designed to help you understand and interpret the fundamentals of GD&T. It is based on the ASME Y14.5 – 2009 standard. Formally the ASME Y14.5M – 1994 standard. Our fundamentals course is a valuable tool for any individual who has to create or interpret engineering drawings; for product and gauge designers; CMM operators and quality assurance personnel. View our GD&T training courses »
Frequently Asked Questions
At what time of day is the online training? Online courses are 4 hours per day from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EST) with a 1 hour lunch break at 12:00 PM.
Will I receive a certificate after completing a course? Yes like our classroom training you will receive an authorized certificate when the course has been completed.
Will I receive a training manual? Yes, a SOLIDWORKS training manual is provided along with a headset for listening and talking to the trainer.
Do I need a license of SOLIDWORKS to take the training? Yes, in order to carry out the exercise portion of the training you will need to have SOLIDWORKS available on your machine.
Are the training sessions recorded? No, like regular classroom training sessions they are live and not recorded.
Can multiple people sit in on the same machine for training? No, the training is designed specifically for individuals who will need to log in and interact with the trainer through the provided headset whilst taking the training.
Can I ask questions during the training? Absolutely, the training is just like a regular class only taken online, you can ask questions and get answers in a private conversation with the trainer.
Upcoming Online Courses
Check our online training schedule for upcoming online courses, use the get a quote buttons to obtain pricing and we’ll be happy to answer any of your questions about a specific course.