Training Course Contents
Learning Surface Modeling unlocks the full potential of SOLIDWORKS as a modeling tool. You will learn how to fine-tune any small detail of a SOLIDWORKS model by controlling its topology; manipulating the “underlining” fabric of one or more faces in order to achieve the desired result.
You will also discover hybrid modeling techniques, combining surfacing and solid methods for creating complex shapes. A special lesson is dedicated to troubleshooting topology errors and repairing imported geometry.
This training course will help you to:
- Create complex surface designs using Loft and Sweep
- Repair imported geometry using SOLIDWORKS Surfacing tools
- Use surfaces to help you create complex parts
- Use a master part model to create different versions of your design
Course Info at a glance
Requirements & Benefits
Skills you will acquire
SOLIDWORKS Surface Modeling Lessons
The following lessons are included in the course
Lesson 1: Understanding Surfaces
- Solids and Surfaces
- Working with Surface Bodies
- Why Use Surfaces?
- Continuity Explained
- Workflow with Surfaces
Lesson 2: Introduction to Surfacing
- Similarities Between Solid and Surface Modeling
- Basic Surfacing
Lesson 3: Solid-Surface Hybrid Modeling
- Hybrid Modeling
- Using Surfaces to Modify Solids
- Interchanging Between Solids and Surfaces
- Performance Implications
- Surfaces as Construction Geometry
- Alternative to Trim, Knit, and Thicken
- Making Copies of Faces
Lesson 4: Repairing and Editing Imported Geometry
- Importing Data
- Repairing and Editing Imported Geometry
Lesson 5: Advanced Surface Modeling
- Stages in the Process
- Ruled Surfaces
- Lofting Surfaces
- Modeling the Lower Half
- Design Changes
Lesson 6: Blends and Patches
- Complex Blends
- Smoothing Patches
- Boundary Surface
- Freeform Feature
- Corner Blends
Lesson 7: Master Model Techniques
- Introduction to Master Models
- Surface Master Model Technique
- Working with a Solid Master Model
- Specialized Features for Plastic Parts
"The instructor was able to go off the beaten path to accommodate our questions. The SOLIDWORKS Surface Modeling course has certainly opened my mind to different ways of doing things; and is a very efficient way of training in my opinion."
— Jake DeCoste, Ultra Electronics
"The lecture on imported geometry was very helpful. This training gave me a better solution on how to solve geometry issues."
— Roel Valencia, Ultra Electronics Maritime
"Fast paced, good examples and fairly in-depth. This was an opportunity for me to enhance my SOLIDWORKS skills."
— Preston Stronach, St. Mary's University
"Very knowledgeable instructor used an example from work (aircraft) that was very useful and interesting."
— Donald MacNeil, St. Mary's University
"I am in process of taking the SOLIDWORKS Surface Modeling online course and like the ability to do that rather than travel to Javelin to take the course; additionally it will make it easier in the future to continue to take additional training in this fashion. I am happy with the help Javelin has given us."
— Randy Sutherland, MacGregors Group
Choose from three different training methods available to you
Receive SOLIDWORKS training as a group in a traditional classroom environment.
Classes can be taken in one of our 12 training locations across Canada using SOLIDWORKS approved training content and methodologies.
- Cost effective training method.
- Leave the office to concentrate on learning.
- Learn more through group questions and feedback.
Live Online Training
With our online training you will experience an interactive learning environment where you can give feedback, gain access to the SOLIDWORKS training files and get time to work on training exercises.
- Online courses are typically half day sessions.
- More effective than video based training, with recorded videos learners are often not as focused on the training and skip exercises.
Onsite at your location
Receive training at your place of work. This style of flexible training is perfect for teams or individuals who are faced with a specific challenge and require personalized courses with on-the-job coaching.
- Use our state-of-the-art mobile classroom at your facility.
- Bring your team up to a consistent level of knowledge by having them take the same training at the same time.
- Benefit from flexible scheduling options.
Get a discount on this course
Purchase our SOLIDWORKS Training Passport to receive a discount on the SOLIDWORKS Surface Modeling course and eight other related courses