Training Course Contents
The Advanced Part Modeling course is for SOLIDWORKS users who need to create complex parts and want to learn how to use more advanced features; including sweeps, lofts, boundaries, and every type of fillet.
Also in the course are best practices for creating efficient parts including using Boolean operations in multibody parts in order to save time. Building master models for parametrically driving whole projects. Plus reverse-engineering complex models with sketch pictures.
This training course will help you to:
- Create complex freeform parts associated with consumer product design.
- Create multibody parts and split them to create assemblies.
- Use advanced features to generate custom solid model part designs.
Course Info at a glance
Watch a preview of the SOLIDWORKS Advanced Part Modeling course
Requirements & Benefits
Skills you will acquire
SOLIDWORKS Advanced Part Modeling Lessons
The following lessons are included in the course
Lesson 1: Multibody Solids: How They Work
- Multibody Solids
- Multibody Techniques
- Introducing: Solid Bodies Folder
- Feature Scope
- Patterning Bodies
- Tool Body
- Introducing: Insert Part
- Introducing: Move/Copy Bodies
- Combining Bodies
- Introducing: Combine
Lesson 2: Uses of Multibody Solids
- Common Bodies
- Indent Feature
- Introducing: Delete Body
- Local Operations
- Modeling Negative Space
- Using Cut to Create Multibodies
- Saving Solid Bodies as Parts and Assemblies
- Introducing: Insert into New Part
- Introducing: Save Bodies
- Splitting a Part into Multibodies
- Introducing: Split
- Creating an Assembly
- Introducing: Create Assembly
- Using Split Part with Legacy Data
Lesson 3: Sketching with Splines
- Sketching Splines
- Introducing: Spline
- Introducing: Show Curvature Combs
- Sketch Picture
- Introducing: Sketch Picture
Lesson 4: Introduction to Sweeping
- Case Study: Faux Raised Panel Door
- Sweep with Guide Curves
- Case Study: Bottle
- Sweep Options
- Sweep with Guide Curves
- Introducing: Dome
- Introducing: SelectionManager
Lesson 5: Working with Curves
- Case Study: Modeling a Spring
- Sweeping Along a 3D Path
- 3D Sketching
- Introducing: Helix and Spiral
- Introducing: Projected Curve
- Introducing: Composite Curve
- Introducing: Fit Spline
- Applying the Label to the Bottle
- Modeling Threads
- Case Study: Creating a Curve Through a Set of Points
- Sketch Blocks
- Introducing: Sketch Blocks
- Equation Driven Curves
- Introducing: Equation Driven Curve
- Introducing: Split Line
Lesson 6: Advanced Sweeping
- Orientation and Twist Control
- Align with End Faces
- Sweeping Along Model Edges
- Sweeping a Tool Body
Lesson 7: Boundary Feature and Lofting
- Why Lofts and Boundary Features?
- How Lofting and Boundary Work
- Boundary Feature vs Loft
- Introducing: Boundary Feature
- Using Derived and Copied Sketches
- Copying a Sketch
- Derived Sketches
- Introducing: Insert Derived Sketch
- 2-Direction Boundary Feature
- Layout Sketches
- Centerline Lofting
- Introducing: Split Entities
- Cleaning Up a Model
- Introducing: Delete Face
- Introducing: Deviation Analysis
Lesson 8: Other Advanced Tools
- Advanced Fillets
- Analyzing Geometry
- Introducing: Display Curvature
- Intersection Curve
- Zebra Stripes
- Wrap Feature
- Deform Feature
- Introducing: Knit Surface
- Move Face and Delete Face
- Introducing: Move Face
- Performance Considerations
"Excellent approach and layout of the SOLIDWORKS Advanced Part Modeling course. Instructor was very knowledgeable. Javelin provides world class training and support!"
— Boris Nincevic, Peel Regional Cancer Center
"Instructor was very good at explaining concepts. Helped to speed up my ability to create parts"
— Peter Edmonds, Ontario Inc.
"This course was able to expand on the previous knowledge I obtained through the SOLIDWORKS Essentials course. The instructor was very knowledgeable with SOLIDWORKS."
— Peter Edmonds, Ontario Inc.
"The course provided me with an understanding of modeling complex curved solids which is exactly what I was looking for!"
— Rob Buchanan, Jefferson Elora Corp.
Choose from three different training methods available to you
Receive SOLIDWORKS training as a group in a traditional classroom environment.
Classes can be taken in one of our 12 training locations across Canada using SOLIDWORKS approved training content and methodologies.
- Cost effective training method.
- Leave the office to concentrate on learning.
- Learn more through group questions and feedback.
Live Online Training
With our online training you will experience an interactive learning environment where you can give feedback, gain access to the SOLIDWORKS training files and get time to work on training exercises.
- Online courses are typically half day sessions.
- More effective than video based training, with recorded videos learners are often not as focused on the training and skip exercises.
Onsite at your location
Receive training at your place of work. This style of flexible training is perfect for teams or individuals who are faced with a specific challenge and require personalized courses with on-the-job coaching.
- Use our state-of-the-art mobile classroom at your facility.
- Bring your team up to a consistent level of knowledge by having them take the same training at the same time.
- Benefit from flexible scheduling options.
Choose a SOLIDWORKS Advanced Part Modeling class from the list below
|Monday, 2nd March, 2020||5 Days (4 hours/day)||Online||Get a Quote|
|Monday, 20th April, 2020||3 Days (6 hours/day)||Oakville, ON.||Get a Quote|
|Monday, 4th May, 2020||5 Days (4 hours/day)||Online||Get a Quote|
|Monday, 6th July, 2020||5 Days (4 hours/day)||Online||Get a Quote|
|Monday, 24th August, 2020||3 Days (6 hours/day)||Oakville, ON.||Get a Quote|
|Monday, 28th September, 2020||5 Days (4 hours/day)||Online||Get a Quote|
|Monday, 19th October, 2020||3 Days (6 hours/day)||Oakville, ON.||Get a Quote|
|Monday, 23rd November, 2020||5 Days (4 hours/day)||Online||Get a Quote|
|Monday, 14th December, 2020||3 Days (6 hours/day)||Oakville, ON.||Get a Quote|
Get a discount on this course
Purchase our SOLIDWORKS Training Passport to receive a discount on the SOLIDWORKS Advanced Part Modeling course and eight other related courses