Training Course Contents
The SOLIDWORKS Pipe and Tube Routing course explains how to create, edit and manage pipe and tube routes, from the critical routing components and their design requirements to the sub-assemblies that contain the routes.
Pipe skids and weldments are also briefly covered along with creating walkthrough animations of your pipe assemblies and plant.
This training course will help you to:
- Create routed systems for pipe and tube applications
- Create your own library parts which can be dragged and dropped into your pipe and tube routes
- Create drawings of your routed systems with route information added
Course Info at a glance
Requirements & Benefits
Skills you will acquire
SOLIDWORKS Pipe Routing Lessons
The following lessons are included in the course
Lesson 1: Fundamentals of Routing
- What is Routing?
- Routing Setup
- Routing Library Manager
- General Routing Settings
Lesson 2: Piping Routes
- Pipes and Piping Components
- Routing Assembly Templates
- Creating a Piping Route
- Auto Route
- Route Specification Templates
- Editing a Route
Lesson 3: Piping Fittings
- Drag and Drop a Fitting
- Creating Custom Fittings
Lesson 4: Tubing Routes
- Tubes and Tubing Components
- Flexible Tubing with Auto Route
- Orthogonal Tubing Routes with Auto Route
- Bend and Spline Errors
- Starting a Tube Route On the Fly
- Repairing Bend Errors
- Tubing Drawings
Lesson 5: Piping and Tubing Changes
- Pipe Penetrations
- Flange to Flange Connections
- Pipe Spools
- Copying Routes
- Editing Piping Routes
- Editing for Obstructions
- Piping Drawings
Lesson 6: Creating Routing Components
- Routing Library Parts
- Creating Routing Library Parts
- Routing Library Manager
- Pipe and Tube Components
- Fitting Components
- Routing Functionality Points
- Routing Geometry
- Part Validity Check
- Design Table Check
- Component Attributes
- Elbow Components
- Multi-Body Components
- Assembly Fittings
Lesson 7: Using P&ID Files
- Piping and Instrumentation
- Adding a Pipe
- Pipe with Multiple Lines
- Pipes with In-line Fittings
- Process Drawings
Lesson 8: Piping Skids
- Piping Skids
- Grid System Feature
- Walk-through Animations
- Avatar Paths
Lesson 9: Using SOLIDWORKS Content
- Using SOLIDWORKS Content
Appendix A: Review Section
- Review of Configurations
- A Note About File References
- Design Tables
- Review of Top Down Design
- Editing Options
- Review of Design Library Task Pane
- Review of 3D Sketching
"The SOLIDWORKS Pipe Routing course hands-on exercises helped to reinforce the content."
— Alexander Brunato, Air Solutions
"The course provided the most relevant knowledge for what we do at work."
— Quentin Foran, Air Solutions
Choose from three different training methods available to you
Receive SOLIDWORKS training as a group in a traditional classroom environment.
Classes can be taken in one of our 12 training locations across Canada using SOLIDWORKS approved training content and methodologies.
- Cost effective training method.
- Leave the office to concentrate on learning.
- Learn more through group questions and feedback.
Live Online Training
With our online training you will experience an interactive learning environment where you can give feedback, gain access to the SOLIDWORKS training files and get time to work on training exercises.
- Online courses are typically half day sessions.
- More effective than video based training, with recorded videos learners are often not as focused on the training and skip exercises.
Onsite at your location
Receive training at your place of work. This style of flexible training is perfect for teams or individuals who are faced with a specific challenge and require personalized courses with on-the-job coaching.
- Use our state-of-the-art mobile classroom at your facility.
- Bring your team up to a consistent level of knowledge by having them take the same training at the same time.
- Benefit from flexible scheduling options.
Get Custom Training
Contact us to learn how the SOLIDWORKS Pipe and Tube Routing course can be included in custom training for your business