What is Aras Innovator?
Aras Innovator® is a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) web-based software solution to support companies that need to manage product development, multi-site manufacturing, supply chain operations and quality compliance. Aras provides a new value proposition to companies of all sizes for managing growing product complexity and fast changing processes.
Aras is different, so you can be different too.
By rethinking the way PLM is designed, Aras have taken a fundamentally different approach to both PLM technology and the PLM business model.
Aras recognize that every company is unique and constantly changing to grow, improve and compete. Being different is how your company innovates to differentiate itself in the marketplace.
To enable this continuous innovation, Aras focus on delivering a scalable, full-featured PLM suite with industry best practices that is significantly easier to adapt to your company’s changing business practices rather than forcing you to compromise your business to fit the software.
Future-proof your PLM with Aras and help your company handle the increasing complexity of today's products.
Bill of Materials, Parts & SKUs
- Manage multi-level BOMs across the lifecycle
- Version and revision BOMs, parts, SKUs, and related documents & files
- Indented product structure includes parts, assemblies, sourced components and more
Enterprise Change Management
- Graphical online business process workflows streamline change control
- Identify affected items for impact analysis
- Certified CM2 principles for configuration and change management are embedded
- MCAD: CATIA, NX, Creo | Pro/E, SOLIDWORKS, Solid Edge, Inventor, AutoCAD
- ECAD: Cadence Allegro | OrCAD, Altium, Mentor Graphics DxDesigner | PADS, Zuken
- ERP: SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics
Classification Driven Parts & Documents
- Properties determined by classification
- Class properties inherited hierarchically
- Extend classification structures for unique requirements
Alternate & Substitute Parts
- Interchangeable form, fit and function parts
- Specify universal and BOM-specific options
- Authorize for use without impacting quality
AVL / AML
- Define preferred suppliers on a part-by-part basis
- Designate probationary and disqualified suppliers
- Include certification status and vendor performance
- Requirements versioning in documents, chapters and content
- Change management workflows include impact analysis with requirements and PLM items
- Trace matrix for closed loop validation
Dashboards, Scorecards & Reports
- Display graphical KPI metrics
- Standard one-click reports provide status
- Create custom scorecards, dashboards and reports
Aras Innovator Features
Enable your entire enterprise to share information and collaborate
New Product Development & Introduction
Organizations with complex products and processes need to manage the entire product lifecycle from concept through end of life, working across functions and supply chain partners.
- Project Portfolio — Providing visibility into projects and programs, enabling enterprise organizations to plan and manage resources, mediate risk and maximize profitability.
- Process Planning — Provides an integrated approach to managing manufacturing data and processes in PLM, bridging the gap between engineering and manufacturing with a digital thread.
- Systems Engineering — Provides management of the lifecycle of complex multi-disciplinary products from requirements, through development, manufacture and support.
Multi-CAD Data Management & Visualization
High performance MCAD/ECAD integrations and 3D/2D visualization.
- Parts — Ensure consistency of information by automatically managing relationships between part items and relevant CAD models, drawings.
- Bill of Materials — Manage complex MBOM and EBOM structures with Aras across mechanical, electronics, and software to assure consistency and control through the product lifecycle.
- PDM Integration — While Aras provides full PDM capabilities, integration with other PDM environments which manage CAD, parts, BOMs and documents is also available, including integration with SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional.
- Technical Publications — Enables cross-discipline authoring, visualization, sharing and publishing of topics-based, modular documentation within a secure, managed environment.
Configuration & Change Management
Cross discipline product structure with online change workflow processes.
- Configuration Management — Aras provides a comprehensive closed-loop system using CM2 and CMPIC certified methods for managing the configuration of a product or system throughout its life.
- Change Management — Aras streamlines change requests, assessments, and orders and ensures visibility across disciplines and in the extended supply chain, reducing errors and avoiding delays.
- Quality — The Aras Quality Management System application provides businesses with advanced product quality planning (APQP) tools to manage risk, improve quality, and attain environmental, regulatory, safety, medical, and other forms of compliance.
Aras Innovator Benefits
Easy to use software which will adapt to your business process
Powerful Ease of Use
Simplified user experience in a clean and modern HTML5 browser interface makes PLM more productive and approachable for everyone.
Adaptable Business Processes
Advanced PLM platform technology delivers a new level of flexibility, scalability and extensiblity to support global competitive practices.
An open architecture features web services APIs for robust integration and federation to complement and extend existing systems.
Complete PLM Suite
Series of out of the box applications provide full enterprise PLM functionality
Used in 140+ countries by global companies including GE, GETRAG, Hitachi, Honda, Motorola, TEVA Pharmaceuticals, Textron and XEROX.
Eliminates PLM license fees for a lower cost of ownership, faster time to value and a more balanced relationship
Learn more about Aras Innovator and PLM
"We have a deep product structure on some of our product lines and this would significantly increase productivity and quality."
— Kevin Friske, Administrator, MiTek Corporation
"Together Aras Innovator and SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional provide the ideal solution for us to streamline and simplify process complexity throughout the company."
— David Baer, Spartan Motors
"We looked at other PLM/PDM products, but they would require ripping out our existing system. Aras Innovator enables us to keep the software we already have and love while exposing product data in processes across the company."
— Kevin Friske, MiTek Corporation
"Aras Innovator is exactly the solution I was looking for — keep SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional and scale it without having to replace it."
— Josh Mings, SolidSmack
"BAM! Aras is clearly playing a role of a disrupter in the PLM market."
— Oleg Shilovitsky, Beyond PLM
Aras Services and Implementation
Want to improve your process with Aras?
Aras Innovator is a commercial offering that is purchased as a subscription from Javelin to gain access to the online service. With the Aras subscription your company gets access to new releases, service packs, administrative utilities, documentation and much more, along with options for technical support from Javelin.
- Live Technical Support from our certified support team.
- Remote Support to solve your technical issue right on your machine.
- Regular Communication of software updates and technical tips and tricks.
On-Site, In the Cloud, or Hybrid
With a modern, flexible platform you have complete control over your Aras deployment, as either data center, cloud or hybrid. You can deploy on-site and migrate to a hybrid or full cloud model without losing any solution capabilities, or start in the cloud and move to your data center whenever you want.
Model-Based Service-Oriented Architecture
The unique Aras® Model-Based Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) is designed to be:
- Flexible to meet today's needs and adapt easily as your business evolves
- Scalable to grow with your business
- Easy to upgrade, even if your system is heavily customized, allowing you to benefit from enhancements in new releases
Process Implementation Service
To achieve PLM success, you need a fast and thorough implementation that addresses the high priority areas of your business and results in company-wide user adoption. Working with Javelin you will be dealing with Aras experts that know your business and how PLM will drive your competitive advantage.
Implementation Services include:
- Requirements & Project Planning
- Pilot Proof of Concept
- Data Loading & Data Migration
- Configuration & Customization
- Systems Integration
- PLM Team Training
- Admin Training
- User Training
- Upgrades and follow-up
- Ongoing Support
Find out the Cost
Get Canadian pricing for Aras subscription service & software