A complete Cloud teaching tool
What is SOLIDWORKS 3D Designer for Education?
3D Designer for Education is a collection of 3DEXPERIENCE® Platform roles and apps created for schools, educators and their students to collaborate seamlessly on a single platform. 3D Designer for Education provides more than just a CAD modeling tool—the 3DEXPERIENCE platform will change the way educators teach students and how students communicate with their peers.
Industry standard tools
3D Designer for Education is here to support educators and students by helping them think differently and dream
bigger. The technology landscape evolves and changes at a rapid pace, and educational institutions need to keep their
educators and students ahead of the curve. 3D Designer for Education enables the workforce of the future with a suite
of cloud-based apps specifically cultivated to prepare them for the workplace of tomorrow.
- Unite schools, educators, and students into a single framework for sustainable innovation
- Provides apps to design, refine, organize, manage, and collaborate on content in real-time
- Innovate, collaborate and create great designs anytime, anywhere, from any device—including Macs and mobile devices
- Utilize advanced time-saving features and technology like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- All in-the-cloud with zero installation and no extra IT efforts
SOLIDWORKS 3D Designer for Education Capabilities
The 3DEXPERIENCE Platform includes an extensive suite of cloud apps and roles
SOLIDWORKS 3D Sculptor
3DEXPERIENCE 3D Sculptor (xShape) allows you to design 3D organic shapes quickly and easily with an intuitive cloud modeling solution
SOLIDWORKS 3D Creator
3DEXPERIENCE 3D Creator (xDesign) enables designers and engineers to create, review and evaluate 3D models through an easy-to-use SOLIDWORKS modeler.
3DEXPERIENCE Project Planner accelerates idea to completion by connecting team members together through a flexible, team-based schedule to meet key milestones and delivery dates.
Collaborative Industry Innovator
Collaborative Industry Innovator role for managing product design, multi-physics simulation and manufacturing process planning on the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
Collaborative Designer for SOLIDWORKS
Collaborative Designer for SOLIDWORKS® connects SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD to the 3DEXPERIENCE® platform for data management and collaboration between users.
A complete CAD teaching tool on the web
With its growing app portfolio and secure cloud technology, the 3DEXPERIENCE platform enables you to manage all facets of your product development process while reducing infrastructure costs, IT overhead, software maintenance and complexity.
All 3DEXPERIENCE solutions work together seamlessly making data management, sharing and collaboration easy. 3D Designer can take advantage of the following platform capabilities:
- View, share, annotate, discuss and manage designs from anywhere, at any time and on any device with a web browser.
- Avoid rework and data translation errors through seamless interaction with SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD and other 3DEXPERIENCE design tools such as 3D Sculptor.
- Enable design and engineering students to collaborate more closely through a seamless connection with SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD.
- Collaborate with all internal and external team members through cloud-based dashboards, messaging, activity streams, communities and drag-and-drop task management.
- Securely manage your data and all facets of your product development process on the platform.
- Control revisions with specialized tools, cementing industry best practices to use after graduation.
Student Access beyond the Classroom
Learn anytime, anywhere with SOLIDWORKS Cloud Tools
Students want to use SOLIDWORKS outside the classroom, day or night.
Students work with other departments or collaborate on projects in other cities or countries.
Computer labs are over crowded and access needs to be flexible.
You want to offer classes online.
No IT Overhead
Using the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE platform solves several hardware issues. Students are now empowered to choose their own device when using the platform, anytime, anywhere. All educators and students need to access the platform is a high-speed internet connection. Schools will no longer have to stretch IT budgets on large software installations and hardware upgrades. With the entire platform in the secure cloud, there is no installation required, no overhead and no more time spent on annual updates.
Student Cloud Access
Any qualifying institution can provide cloud-access to students for off-campus use, freeing up lab resources and allowing students to work from anywhere.
Student Access Benefits
Student Access licenses can be used to support independent study courses, distance learning programs, and articulation agreements. Cloud licenses do not require connecting to the school server:
- Instructors: Instructors can assign homework, prepare remotely, use licenses for distance learning or independent study students, prepare for their own certification exams, and practice SOLIDWORKS skills during school breaks.
- Students: Students can work from anywhere, complete assignments during off-hours, use licenses for independent study or distance learning courses, articulate with college programs, prepare for certification exams, build personal portfolios, and participate in student competitions.
SOLIDWORKS Cloud Education Resources
Learn more about the Academic industry
Find out the Cost
Get Canadian pricing for SOLIDWORKS software