Training Course Contents
The DriveWorks Professional training will provide you with the tools necessary to automate model creation and document outputs from SOLIDWORKS. You will learn how to work with Excel Functions and Formulas to generate design rules, which will in turn control these outputs.
You will also learn how to generate custom input forms, that can be used by sales staff and engineers in your company to generate quotes or designs with ease.
This training course will help you to:
- Build a user interface in DriveWorks
- Be able to design and develop specific rules for model creation in SOLIDWORKS
- Create output documents and forms such as drawings/quotes, etc. with DriveWorks
- Link existing company data to DriveWorks for use in model and document generation
Course Info at a glance
Requirements & Benefits
Skills you will acquire
DriveWorks Professional Lessons
The following lessons are included in the course
Day 1 – DriveWorks Basics
- Lesson 1 - Creating a Group and Capturing Models
- Lesson 2 - Building a User Interface in DriveWorks Administrator
- Lesson 3 - Building Rules
- Lesson 4 - Running your Project
- Lesson 5 - File Name and Relative Path Rules
- Lesson 6 - Static Replacement Files
Day 2 – DriveWorks Basics Continued
- Lesson 7 - Tables
- Lesson 8 - Form Navigation
- Lesson 9 - Dynamic Replacement Files
- Lesson 10 - Documents
- Lesson 11 – Drawings
Day 3 – Optional (DriveWorks Advanced Material or Customer-specific Project)
The third day is set up to be flexible for attendees of all levels. Attendees looking for more of a challenge can work on advanced concepts/controls, while those looking to practice what they have learned so far can start a small project using their own company products and work through it with the instructor's assistance.
Training manual/material for the advanced section is provided for students to take home regardless of which option they choose to follow.
- Lesson 1 - Advanced Form Controls
- Lesson 2 - Specification Control
- Lesson 3 - Linking to External Data
- Lesson 4 - Rollup Data Tables
- Lesson 5 - Hierarchical Properties
- Lesson 6 - Macro Buttons
- Lesson 7 - Generation Tasks
"The Driveworks Professional course was well laid out and followed a logical structure. The software will certainly streamline our design process significantly"
— Imran Atcha, Polar Racking
"The instructor was very knowledgeable and the course was very informative. New skills will help to generate multiple models at once drastically cutting down quoting and modeling time."
— Mathew Marantette, Polar Racking
Choose from three different training methods available to you
Receive SOLIDWORKS training as a group in a traditional classroom environment.
Classes can be taken in one of our 12 training locations across Canada using SOLIDWORKS approved training content and methodologies.
- Cost effective training method.
- Leave the office to concentrate on learning.
- Learn more through group questions and feedback.
Live Online Training
With our online training you will experience an interactive learning environment where you can give feedback, gain access to the SOLIDWORKS training files and get time to work on training exercises.
- Online courses are typically half day sessions.
- More effective than video based training, with recorded videos learners are often not as focused on the training and skip exercises.
Onsite at your location
Receive training at your place of work. This style of flexible training is perfect for teams or individuals who are faced with a specific challenge and require personalized courses with on-the-job coaching.
- Use our state-of-the-art mobile classroom at your facility.
- Bring your team up to a consistent level of knowledge by having them take the same training at the same time.
- Benefit from flexible scheduling options.
Choose a DriveWorks Professional class from the list below
Get Custom Training
Contact us to learn how the DriveWorks Professional course can be included in custom training for your business