What is 3DEXPERIENCE Works PDM?
3DEXPERIENCE Works PDM is a portfolio of connected, powerful and collaborative Data and Product Lifecycle Management solutions on the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE® platform. It empowers your team to collaborate and share your SOLIDWORKS® 3D designs and data on the cloud.
Cloud-based data management solutions
Solutions from 3DEXPERIENCE Works PDM enable you to connect all of your organization’s most vital resources - people, software tools and data - in one unified, secure place to collaborate on designs more easily keeping projects and people on track.
3DEXPERIENCE Works PDM roles and apps such as the Collaborative Industry Innovator provides engineering teams with essential capabilities for real-time, secure and structured collaboration, and lifecycle management of product data.
Your team will be able to manage product designs, multi-physics simulation data and manufacturing process planning information with maximum traceability and flexibility. Manage and assign tasks to team members with a drag-and-drop, card-view tool. Create web-based mark-ups using CAD data for review and analysis.
The intuitive, interactive 3DEXPERIENCE platform enables your teams to share and visualize 3D data and collaborate in real time from anywhere with a web browser.
Access SOLIDWORKS Data from the Cloud
With Collaborative Designer for SOLIDWORKS, you can securely save and access SOLIDWORKS CAD data to/from the cloud based 3DEXPERIENCE platform, enabling you to:
- Review tasks and open design data on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform without leaving SOLIDWORKS
- Enable stakeholders to use your design data in the cloud, while you continue to work in SOLIDWORKS desktop
- Share SOLIDWORKS designs with your ecosystem using web-based technologies, on any device at any time
Accelerate Product Development
Collaborative Designer for SOLIDWORKS enables real-time, safe concurrent designs across distributed teams, allowing you to:
- Manage product designs and documents directly from SOLIDWORKS desktop while making your CAD data accessible on the 3DEXPERIENCE cloud-based platform.
- Enable stakeholders to use your design data along with all available business data in the cloud while you continue to work in SOLIDWORKS desktop.
- Search, explore, and select relevant design contexts from a web browser, and perform lifecycle operations including revise, release and lock/unlock.
- Enable downstream usage of the vast 3DEXPERIENCE portfolio of applications.
Leverage the Power of your Network with Collaboration Tools
Collaborative Industry Innovator provides engineering teams with essential capabilities for real-time, secure and structured collaboration, and lifecycle management of product data:
- Manage product designs, multi-physics simulation data and manufacturing process planning information with maximum traceability and flexibility.
- Manage and assign tasks to team members with a drag-and-drop, card-view tool.
- Create web-based mark-ups using CAD data for review and analysis.
3DEXPERIENCE Works PDM Roles / Packages
All 3DEXPERIENCE Works PDM solutions offer an integrated workflow with SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD and use the same user interface making it easier for your engineers to come up to speed with new solutions.
3D Product Architect
The 3D Product Architect Role from ENOVIA increases design understanding and the impact of proposed changes to help reduce development time.
3DSwymer / Collaborative Business Innovator
The Collaborative Business Innovator role provides SOLIDWORKS users with collaboration and data sharing on the cloud through the DS 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
Collaborative Designer for SOLIDWORKS
Collaborative Designer for SOLIDWORKS® connects SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD to the 3DEXPERIENCE® platform for data management and collaboration between users.
Collaborative Industry Innovator
Collaborative Industry Innovator role for managing product design, multi-physics simulation and manufacturing process planning on the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
DELMIA 3D Lean Team Player
The Lean Team Player role helps put Lean principles into action to address operational waste, variability and efficiency by engaging your workforce regardless of where or how they work
Product Release Engineer
The Product Release Engineer 3DEXPERIENCE Role for ENOVIAWORKS aligns the multi-discipline engineering product definition process with company strategy.
3DEXPERIENCE Project Planner accelerates idea to completion by connecting team members together through a flexible, team-based schedule to meet key milestones and delivery dates.
3DEXPERIENCE Works PDM Benefits
Foster innovation with apps that are connected on the cloud
Streamline Project Management
With Project Planner, you can manage projects and tasks, and automatically optimize activities and resources to ensure your team meets key milestones and delivery dates. With it, you can:
- Enable teams to plan, execute, and monitor project status in real time.
- Easily share tasks and define deliverables, dependencies, and key milestones.
- Empower team members to efficiently collaborate from anywhere, at any time and on any device.
Accelerate Innovation with a Cloud-Based Platform
- With its growing app portfolio, 3DEXPERIENCE Works enables you to manage all facets of your product development process.
- View, annotate, manage and share designs from anywhere, at any time and on any device.
- Reduce infrastructure costs, IT overhead, software maintenance, and complexity by using secure cloud technology.
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe—no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.
"Javelin’s quick response time, sales and technical support are all very good. We implemented SOLIDWORKS in 1998 and to date, remain a satisfied customer"
Brad Toole, Engineering Manager
Breaker Technology Ltd.
"The time we save using SOLIDWORKS and doing our own 3D printing helps us validate designs quickly to meet demanding project deadlines"
Ron Ryan, Fabrication Group Manager
"SOLIDWORKS has definitely brought something different to the Solar Industry. Our U.S. counterparts use 2D, but they will be switching to 3D soon"
Chris White, Design & Technical Manager
“Javelin is an easily accessible reseller who is supportive, knowledgeable and professional. Keep up the Gold Standard level of service.”
Michael Fernando, Tool & Die Designer
Theta Industries Inc.
“SOLIDWORKS is now the de facto standard and Javelin is one of the best SOLIDWORKS resellers. How can you go wrong with a de facto standard on both the reseller and the software?”
John Leavitt, Owner
“Javelin staff and technical support are excellent. They are knowledgeable, helpful and thorough. Technical questions are always answered; either immediately or in a timely manner.”
Christa Carey, Technical Support Manager
“We rely heavily on our software to keep us profitable, and Javelin is always in the background keeping ProVantage running.”
Peter Graham, Engineering Manager
"Javelin does far more than sell software and 3D printers. They provide team support and resources, when there were technical challenges, Javelin stepped up and made it right."
Timm Williams, Partner
"Evolve Design Solutions appreciates the excellent customer service, product knowledge and technical support provided by Javelin, our SOLIDWORKS Value Added Reseller (VAR).”
Aldo Balatti, Principal
Evolve Design Solutions
“Javelin offers the complete package; good products, good service and value for what you need. They’re a great bunch of people who are always willing to help you out.”
Mark McCumber, Senior Designer
F-B Tool & Die Limited
"As far as Javelin goes, they’re really nice guys. Excellent technical support is provided by a consistent group of people. Reasonable, low pressure sales support is also appreciated."
Mike McGuire, President
"I’ve been a believer in SOLIDWORKS PDM since day one because it’s been effective since day one"
Ray Minato, President
Inertia Engineering + Design
"Javelin seems to make an extra effort to ensure that the software’s capabilities are being maximized to benefit the customer.”
Darryl Turrie, Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited
"Javelin employees are friendly, knowledgeable and quick to respond with effective solutions, and ZEC Wind Power is very pleased to be affiliated with this company."
Michelle El-Hage, Designer
ZEC Wind Power
SOLIDWORKS Services included
Improve your performance and productivity with Javelin services
With SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service, you have access to extensive help from our SOLIDWORKS experts. Which will enhance your software investment and guide you through development challenges.
- Live Technical Support from our certified support team.
- Remote Support to solve your technical issue right on your machine.
- Regular Communication of software updates and technical tips and tricks.
Upgrades & Resources
Enjoy the latest version of your software and direct access to a comprehensive library of drawings, parts, assemblies, and features contributed by users around the globe.
- Automatic Upgrades to the most Up-to-date Version of your SOLIDWORKS software.
- FREE access to the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal for Macros, Documentation, and the ability to submit Enhancement Requests.
- Full access to the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base for Articles, Tech Tips, and Best Practices.
Online Training & Certification
- SolidProfessor includes 15K+ online tutorial videos.
- FREE access to SOLIDWORKS testing and certification to help you become a Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) or Professional (CSWP).
Working on the Cloud
Learn about the 3DEXPERIENCE Social Collaboration Services