What is DriveWorks software?
DriveWorks software is used for Design Automation and Sales Configuration by companies large and small. Whether you are an engineer that needs Design Automation to automate your SOLIDWORKS models, or a company wanting to provide a Product Configurator for your sales teams, distributors and even customers; DriveWorks software is the ultimate choice for businesses that use SOLIDWORKS.
Each product is a SOLIDWORKS Gold Partner Product and DriveWorksXpress is already included in every license of SOLIDWORKS.
All DriveWorks products are modular and scalable, you can implement DriveWorks and grow your projects at your own pace, adding additional capabilities as and when you need them.
DriveWorks Design Automation software will free up design engineers from repetitive design tasks, and enhance product quality and reduce errors.
Impress More. Sell More.
Impress your customers from the start with an easy to use configurator and quick, accurate quotes and responses. Respond quicker and better than your competitors and win more orders.
Better Quality. Better Reputation.
Providing Design Automation with a Product Configurator based on rules, calculations and logic, improves the quality of outputs, reducing costly errors and strengthening your reputation.
Easy to Use.
You can build a DriveWorks configurator with no programming skills, and we can provide you with configuration design service. Empower your sales teams, distributors and customers to configure custom designs quickly and easily.
Any Device. Anywhere.
Break free from the constraints of conventional configurators. DriveWorks configurators look and work great on any device, allowing you and your customers to configure custom designs anywhere. Changes can be distributed instantly, so everybody sees accurate, up-to-date information at all times.
Let your customers see their custom products in impressive 3D and view the effects of their design changes immediately.
Automatically send eye catching branded documents that are personalised to each customer and order.
Get started really quickly by customising the Sales Configurator and Catalogue templates with the intuitive Form Designer.
An easy to use workflow provides seamless links between teams as well as company systems such as CRM, ERP and CAD.
Time Saving Automation
Reduce repetitive tasks by automating customer responses and repetitive engineering tasks.
Help improve product quality and save money
Automating your design process lets you create custom designs quickly and efficiently. Automation is ideal for Same but Different design, where new orders or new products are based on a variation of your existing designs.
Use DriveWorks design automation software to free up engineers from repetitive design tasks, enhance product quality and reduce errors. Save time and reduce development costs whilst increasing productivity. Automatically generate 2D and 3D drawings of your SOLIDWORKS CAD models, sales quotes, letters and manufacturing data.
Online Product Configurator
Providing an Online Product Configurator for your sales team, distributors and even customers to use is a very powerful sales tool. Use it to guide non-technical people through the custom product options available, provide a fast response to sales inquiries and configure accurate quotes quickly.
Whether your engineers and sales teams are in house, out in the field, or you work through dealers and distributors, a product configurator will let you create custom designs and a custom response quickly and professionally.
Choose from three different versions
Entry level design automation included in every license of SOLIDWORKS®
DriveWorksXpress is easy to use design automation tool that allows you to quickly and accurately create multiple variations of your SOLIDWORKS parts, assemblies and drawings.
If you offer many different product options or every customer order is bespoke, DriveWorksXpress can help you capture your design rules, recreate variations of existing designs, reduce repetitive tasks, save time, and improve product quality.
- Capture and re-use your design knowledge
- Incorporate design rules to minimize errors and the cost of mistakes
- Automate repetitive tasks to reduce design time when specifying new variants
- Liberate design engineers from repetitive tasks to concentrate on new and special designs
The quick and easy way to create and preview custom products inside SOLIDWORKS®
DriveWorks Solo is the easy-to-use design automation solution that allows design engineers and product designers to quickly and easily create and configure custom products inside SOLIDWORKS. With DriveWorks Solo you can reduce the cost of custom designs, respond quickly to sales inquiries, reduce repetitive tasks, and enhance product quality.
From one simple input form, DriveWorks Solo can quickly generate 3D models, 2D drawings, a bill of materials, sales quote, cover letter and more, automatically.
A DriveWorks Solo design automation project is easy to set up, easy to manage, and easy to use. You can set up a project once, and run it as many times as you like, fill out the form, and quickly generate multiple new versions of your designs along with any manufacturing or sales documentation.
- Capture the dimensions, features and components you want to drive in SOLIDWORKS
- Create dynamic, data-driven forms to input the values that drive your design
- Build design rules to drive your models using the values entered on the form
- Run the project again and again to create custom manufacturing files and quotes
- Capture and re-use your design knowledge
- Incorporate design rules to reduce errors and rework, and improve product quality
- Automate repetitive tasks to reduce design time
- Free up design engineers to focus on improving product quality and designing new products
- Create sales proposals quickly, win more business, and increase profit margins
The easy to use online product configurator for desktop, mobile and tablet.
The ability to configure, price and quote (CPQ) easily has become essential for manufacturing companies of all sizes, in all industries. Customized products are becoming the norm. Transform the way you do business by closing the gap between initial sales inquiry and manufactured product with DriveWorks Pro for SOLIDWORKS.
If you have sales reps or dealers that work remotely, then you should consider a CPQ Online Configurator that presents a web-based interface. The configurator can also be launched from within a Customer Resource Management (CRM) system like Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics.
- Meet the increasing demand for custom products to gain a competitive edge.
- Generate quotes in record time.
- Reduce the cost of custom designs.
- As an online tool you will allow anyone to access the product configurator
- Present your configurable products in a web browser as 3D interactive models rather than static 2D images.
Learn more about what DriveWorks can do for your business
“The time we are gaining from freeing up the engineering team is now used proactively in research and development.”.
— Luke Malpas, Director of Engineering Automation, DON-BUR Engineering
“How do we keep our prices down and satisfy our customers? We continue to look for different ways to do things. We find a better way to do it”
— David Munschauer, President of ATECH-SEH.
“Our partners simply fill out a form on the internet, which then automatically generates all necessary documents. We started the implementation with a select group. By now, all our partners use the configurator, to their full satisfaction”
— Michel van Kerkhof, Head of Innovations at MHB
“Before using DriveWorks we would create 20 quotes in a month, now we can do 20 in a day. The process in the past was labor intensive as prices need to be calculated each time and drawings all had to be prepared manually.”
— David Martin, Managing Director, Elite Balustrade
“[We’ve] tried many things in the past, like creating [a] standard library of drawings, custom programming etc., when software like this was not available. Rules-based automation is the best, easy-to-use, scalable solution of them all”.
— Shaji Shereef, Director of Engineering Automation, FleetwoodGoldcoWyard
SOLIDWORKS Services included
Improve your performance and productivity with Javelin services
With SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service, you have access to extensive help from our SOLIDWORKS experts. Which will enhance your software investment and guide you through development challenges.
- Live Technical Support from our certified support team.
- Remote Support to solve your technical issue right on your machine.
- Regular Communication of software updates and technical tips and tricks.
Upgrades & Resources
Enjoy the latest version of your software and direct access to a comprehensive library of drawings, parts, assemblies, and features contributed by users around the globe.
- Automatic Upgrades to the most Up-to-date Version of your SOLIDWORKS software.
- FREE access to the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal for Macros, Documentation, and the ability to submit Enhancement Requests.
- Full access to the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base for Articles, Tech Tips, and Best Practices.
Online Training & Certification
A MySolidWorks online account is included with your subscription service where you can get answers, stay current, and sharpen your design skills with online training:
- Your MySolidWorks Standard Account includes 600+ online tutorial videos.
- FREE access to SOLIDWORKS testing and certification to help you become a Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) or Professional (CSWP).
Test Drive a Configurator
Try a DriveWorks powered Online 3D Configurator now