Customization usually means longer lead times, but landscape architects and site contractors can rarely afford to wait. Implementing DriveWorks automation has helped Maglin Site Furniture move to manufacturing — and to market — faster.
During this 30 minute collaborative presentation, Javelin’s automation expert; John Mignardi, introduces the configuration and automation capabilities of DriveWorks. Then, Aaron Dawson; Director of Manufacturing at Maglin Site Furniture, explains how his company leverages process automation to manufacture their unique products and move them to market faster.
Design Automation with DriveWorks
Automating your design process lets you create custom designs quickly and efficiently. Automation is ideal for Same but Different design, where new orders or new products are based on a variation of your existing designs.
Use DriveWorks design automation software to free up engineers from repetitive design tasks, enhance product quality and reduce errors. Save time and reduce development costs whilst increasing productivity. Automatically generate 2D and 3D drawings of your SOLIDWORKS CAD models, sales quotes, letters and manufacturing data.
Online Product Configurator
Providing an Online Product Configurator for your sales team, distributors and even customers to use is a very powerful sales tool. Use it to guide non-technical people through the custom product options available, provide a fast response to sales inquiries and configure accurate quotes quickly.
Whether your engineers and sales teams are in house, out in the field, or you work through dealers and distributors, a product configurator will let you create custom designs and a custom response quickly and professionally.
Customization usually means longer lead times, but landscape architects and site contractors can rarely afford to wait. In the past, getting from desired specs to approved drawings took at least two weeks.
Solution and Benefits
Implementing a DriveWorks-powered configure-price-quote (CPQ) system with the help of technical experts at Javelin Technologies.
- DriveWorks gives sales reps and landscape architects an easy-to-use online system for configuring modular site furniture, generating pricing, and creating drawings, continually updating in real time
- Maglin’s typical two-week sales process, including customer approval of drawings, has been eliminated
- Engineers are free to develop new products; they are no longer tied up making and tracking small tweaks to designs
- Using CPQ automation, Maglin can meet customer demand for speed while continuing to provide customization and quality; they are also winning more projects by delivering quotations and drawings quickly
- Effects are company-wide: overall revenue has increased; sales reps have more time to spend on relationship building with new and existing customers; the marketing team is able to promote the benefits of the DriveWorks system
- Working directly with both Javelin and DriveWorks, Maglin has been mentored and supported and is contributing to future releases of the software that will benefit everyone
Meet the Presenters
This Virtual Tech Conference session featured two presenters:
John Mignardi – CPQ DriveWorks / CAD Automation Expert at Javelin
John has been with Javelin for over 20 years, and provides leadership and management for the DriveWorks Sales Configuration line of products, helping SOLIDWORKS customers to automate their businesses.
Aaron Dawson – Director of Manufacturing at Maglin Site Furniture
Maglin design and manufacture quality seating, tables, waste containers, bike racks, and planters for public gathering areas. The organization has to be effective, lean, and fast-moving to meet the demands of customers who want custom configurations to suit their creative designs.
DriveWorks delivers Design Automation and Sales Configuration to companies large and small.
Whether you are an engineer that needs to automate SOLIDWORKS, or a company that needs a Product Configurator for your sales team, distributors, or customers; DriveWorks is the ultimate choice for businesses that use SOLIDWORKS.
Find more resources:
Watch more Virtual Tech Conference session videos: