What makes a whopping 94 percent of businesses use cloud technology?
According to a recent survey, companies of all sizes are increasing their investment in the cloud. With the need to support faster product development cycles, many organizations are relying on cloud technology to enable better-connected teams and more-agile processes. One of the key challenges they face is making product and lifecycle data instantly accessible and shareable across multiple disciplines, remote locations and different devices.
While data and lifecycle management tools in the cloud can help you solve some of these challenges, a cloud-based platform enables you to transform the way you work. By integrating all pieces of the product development lifecycle, from CAD design to simulation and manufacturing, as opposed to using disjointed tools, you can develop new products faster and make fewer errors. Because all pieces of the process are connected, teams can easily collaborate in real time using all the available data.
In this on-demand webinar experts at DS SOLIDWORKS review the five advantages of managing your data and product lifecycle with a platform in the cloud:
5 Advantages featured in the webinar
- Connect your data: It all starts with your data—be it 3D models, simulation results, reviews and comments, product documentation, suppliers and parts, sales targets or project tasks and key milestones. Imagine the possibilities if all of your data is stored in a secure database in the cloud.
- Connect your people: Managing all your data in one place makes it instantly accessible to team members inside and outside your organization. Platforms make it easy to set up different levels of permission rights so that you can ensure secure access to the right information by the right people at the right time.
- Connect your ecosystem: Successful product organizations have discovered the importance of going beyond siloed systems and resources, and moving to the power of the connected ecosystem. With their ever-increasing portfolio of connected applications, cloud platforms support growing companies so they can seamlessly expand capabilities and users on demand, one application at a time.
- Reduce your total cost of operation: Adopting a cloud-based platform also means that you don’t need to purchase, install and manage hardware, software or other infrastructure, thus helping you cut costs and accelerate product development.
- Always use the latest technology: In the cloud, the latest software capabilities are instantly available as soon as they are released. New functionality and improvements get into the hands of designers, engineers, analysts and production managers instantly, inspiring more efficient workflows and more agile teamwork.
With the 3DEXPERIENCE platform companies can design, simulate, optimize, and collaborate in real-time long before any products or services are produced.
With the power of combing the digital world with the real world, SOLIDWORKS customers in multiple industries are able to improve efficiency and productivity while at the same time reduce costs.
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.