What is SolidProfessor?
SolidProfessor is the largest online training platform for design engineers. With more than 15,000 video tutorials covering SOLIDWORKS, PDM, GD&T, certification prep, and more, your engineering team can improve their skills to achieve higher rates of accuracy, productivity, and innovation for your business.
Go-to on-demand learning resource
Boost your design process and support your team with resources to help them work faster and smarter to transform your product development into business success.
- Tutorial Videos: Thousands of video tutorials for SOLIDWORKS, PDM, Autodesk, CATIA, Mastercam, GD&T, Certification and more.
- SOLIDWORKS Add-in: SolidProfessor SOLIDWORKS Add-in Tool to solve problems on the fly.
- Custom Training: Create a culture of learning with customizable training programs within the platform.
- Skills Assessment: Measure your team’s SOLIDWORKS skills
Learning resources to help your team work faster and smarter
SolidProfessor is a Video Learning Management System
Training doesn’t have to be an all-day event. With SolidProfessor’s 3-7-minute video tutorials for engineers and designers, you can troubleshoot, learn a skill in a matter of minutes, and get right back to your workday.
- 15,000+ video tutorials for SOLIDWORKS, PDM, Autodesk products, and more to train anytime, anywhere
- SolidProfessor SOLIDWORKS Add-in Tool to solve problems on the fly
- Customizable training programs for your team
- Admin dashboard and reporting tools to see how your team is progressing
- A Customer Success Manager dedicated to your account
A variety of Engineering Courses
You have access to tutorials on all the major software; including SOLIDWORKS, Inventor, AutoCAD, and more. Become an expert in design processes like PDM, GD&T, and FEA.
- Bite-sized video tutorials (3-7 minutes each) so you can learn what you need to and get right back to work
- Downloadable exercises to practice new design techniques
- Review tests Review tests to test your team’s knowledge after each course and earn technical certificates
Search for answers and access your learning path without leaving SOLIDWORKS
SolidProfessor’s SOLIDWORKS Task Pane Add-in helps you troubleshoot without ever leaving SOLIDWORKS.
Pull up a SolidProfessor video tutorial when you can’t find what you’re looking for in the SOLIDWORKS toolbar or a component stumps you.
- Use SolidProfessor’s search tool to look for answers, and
- Watch a 3 to 7-minute tutorial without leaving SOLIDWORKS.
Customized Training generated from Skills Gap Analysis
Create a culture of learning with customizable training programs within the platform. From the admin dashboard, you can assign your team courses or tutorials, exercises, and review tests. Develop training paths for anyone including individuals, working teams, new hires, and entry-level employees.
It’s a great option for organizations wanting to:
- Invest in engineers’ professional development
- Standardize best practices
- Upskill new hires or entry-level employees
- Get certified in SOLIDWORKS, Autodesk products, or Onshape
Easily test the SOLIDWORKS skills of individuals or teams in your business
Skills gaps hinder growth opportunities and product development, which affect your company’s ability to stay competitive. Get a baseline assessment of your team’s SOLIDWORKS knowledge. Each user will receive custom course recommendations based on questions they’ve answered incorrectly.
- Assembly Design
- Features & Part Design
Manage your team’s training
With SolidProfessor’s admin dashboard and reporting tools you can:
- Assign courses,
- Get new hires up to speed, and
- See how your team is progressing.
SOLIDWORKS Certification Exam Preparation
While you may have many SOLIDWORKS masters at your organization, you can speak the same language when everyone is certified. Prepare for the following exams with guided tutorials, sample exercises, and practice tests:
- Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA)
- Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional (CSWP)
- Certified SOLIDWORKS Expert (CSWE)
- AutoCAD User Certification
- Inventor User Certification
- Fusion 360 User Certification
- Revit User Certification
- Certified Onshape Associate
SolidProfessor Technical Certificates
Your team can prove they’re developing new skills by earning SolidProfessor Technical Certificates. Here’s how:
- Complete one of the 400+ online courses.
- Score an 80% or higher on a course review test.
- Share your technical certificate on your LinkedIn profile and resume.
SolidProfessor learning management system has training for everyone
Obtain New Skills
Whether you manage a small machine shop or a product development team at a major enterprise, SolidProfessor for Business can help you achieve your engineering design goals with their online training platform. Use online training to obtain new skills in SOLIDWORKS, AutoCAD, Mastercam and applications like GD&T, FEA, and 3D printing.
Testing and Reporting
Uncover skill gaps and quantify design proficiency with SolidProfessor assessments and testing. Team members will receive personalized course recommendations straight from the SolidProfessor library that’ll help them to stay focused in key areas — come back and test anytime to gauge improvement.
"We implemented SolidProfessor because it was apparent that employee productivity and concept retention would increase with an on-demand training resource."
— Aaron Godwin, Principle CAD Designer at GENTEX
"It’s one of those things you don’t realize what you’re missing until you have it, and once you have it, you don’t know how you got by without it. I couldn’t imagine going back to the old way of training that we used to do."
— Justin Steele, Engineering Manager, Knapheide
Here are the benefits for engineers
Become proficient with Engineering software
With hundreds of courses available for mainstream CAD applications, you’ll find basic to advanced tutorials for your tool of choice.
Customize a Training Program
Use the SolidProfessor admin dashboard to create a training program. Assign tutorials, exercises, and comprehension tests to your new hires, entry-level employees, or entire team.
Use It as a Handy Reference Tool
When you’re stumped, use the SolidProfessor search tool or SolidProfessor SOLIDWORKS Task Pane Add-in to pull up a short tutorial, learn the skill, and continue designing.
Contact us about a SolidProfessor trial