PRINT REAL, PRODUCTION-GRADE ABS WITH A 100°C CHAMBER. POWERED BY STRATASYS®.
- Capable of withstanding 15°C higher temperatures than modified desktop 3D printer ABS material formulations
- Powered by Stratasys® SR-30 soluble support material
- Superior Z-layer bonding provides higher strength and better surface finish without warping and curling
MANUFACTURING-READY MATERIALS INCLUDING REAL ABS, PETG, TOUGH, AND MORE.
- Finished part dimensional accuracy of± 0.2mm (± 0.007in)
- Get unrestricted geometric freedom with the METHOD dual extrusion system
- Print complex assemblies with exact tolerances
AN AUTOMATED, TINKER-FREE INDUSTRIAL PRINTING SYSTEM.
- 2x times faster printing than leading desktop 3D printers.
- 300,000+ total testing hours on 150+ printers (includes full system and sub system testing).
- Seamless CAD to Part workflow with Autodesk Inventor, Fusion 360, and SOLIDWORKS.
Receive 25% off of MSRP of a MakerBot Method X 3D printer
ACT NOW, this special offer ends June 30, 2021.
Take a look at the MakerBot METHOD X
Performance 3D Printing
Stratasys Powered 3D Printer
The MakerBot METHOD X is an innovative 3D printing platform powered by Stratasys. Featuring production-grade real ABS, a 100°C chamber, and Stratasys SR-30 soluble support.
METHOD X is most suitable for creating complex end use parts, manufacturing tools, and functional prototypes with superior reliability and dimensional accuracy.
Why MakerBot METHOD X?
Faster and more precise printing than ever before with manufacturing features you need:
Production-grade ABS Material
Create end-use parts, functional prototypes, and manufacturing tools with real ABS material and Stratasys SR-30 soluble support material.
21 Onboard Sensors
A network of 21 intelligent sensors embedded throughout the printer gives you full control while making material and print management easy and accessible.
Wireless Printing & Monitoring
Away from the office? Remotely print, monitor, and control your printer from anywhere in the world.
5 inch Colour Touchscreen
Swipe, tap, print. With the built-in 5” full-color capacitive touchscreen display, receive up-to-the-second status of your current print job and navigate menus in the most intuitive way you already know—with your finger.
25 CAD File Types
With over 25 supported native CAD file types, you can focus on your next design sprint rather than messy plugins and conversions.
Uncompromised layer adhesion and part strength
Circulating 100°C Heated Chamber
Control the temperature and quality of every layer - not just the first. While heated build plates are effective at reducing warping, METHOD X takes this further with full active heat immersion during the entire duration of the print.
METHOD X Applications
Consistent print results with a dimensional accuracy of ±0.2mm
Get dimensionally accurate, production grade, real ABS end-use parts at a fraction of traditional manufacturing costs. The MakerBot METHOD X reduces costs and saves time for small production manufacturing runs.
- Real, Production-grade ABS provides part properties closer to injection molded parts.
- Dimensionally accurate parts that fit seamlessly as part of an assembly, such as sensor mounts for an electronics assembly.
- Print complex assembly parts with carve-outs, holes and large overhangs.
- Get end-use parts in hours instead of weeks at a fraction of the cost, with a 3D printer that just works
Prototype with production-grade ABS to achieve part properties close to injection molded parts. Print dimensionally accurate assemblies and validate your designs to get your products to market faster—all at a fraction of industrial 3D printing costs.
- Dimensionally accurate parts that fit seamlessly as parts of an assembly, such as impeller assembly or electronics housings. Parts print with flat roofs, cylindricity, and superior vertical layer uniformity.
- Prototype with production-grade ABS to achieve part properties closer to injection molding.
- Complex assembly geometries like gears, threads, carve-outs, and large overhangs.
- Get fit and functional prototypes quickly with a 3D printer that just works.
Create durable, real ABS parts for the production floor. Print dimensionally accurate jigs, fixtures, and end-effectors that fit seamlessly with existing components.
- Real, engineering-grade ABS that can withstand the harsh manufacturing environment and ensure long tool life.
- Dimensionally accurate parts that fit seamlessly with existing components, such as a robot arm. Parts print with flat roofs, cylindricity, and superior vertical layer uniformity.
- Soluble supports to print complex tool geometries with carve-outs, holes and large overhangs that are difficult or impossible to produce with traditional methods.
- Get tools in hours instead of weeks with a 3D printer that just works.
UNRESTRICTED GEOMETRIC FREEDOM
Disolvable Support System
Superior surface finish and unrestricted geometric freedom are paramount to delivering high quality printed parts.
Stratasys SR-30 ensures fast and effortless support removal without compromising part design or dimensional accuracy.
Stratasys SR-30 soluble support material provides two key benefits:
- Unrestricted geometric freedom (large overhangs, cavities, etc.)
- Superior print quality and surface finish
MakerBot METHOD X Key Features
Includes dual extruders and a rigid frame
Dual Performace Extruders
Featuring lengthened thermal cores, optimized torque, and an industry-leading sensor suite. Performance Extruders maximize material flow rate at high speeds while providing consistent and reliable extrusion across every layer.
A structurally-optimized metal frame runs the full length of the body to offset flexing. Less flexing means more consistent prints with better part accuracy and fewer failures.
Optimized Material Storage
Dry-Sealed Material Bays form a near-perfect seal to keep material free of damaging humidity. A suite of built-in sensors provides that your material is stored in its optimal environment—a feature previously only available in industrial 3D printers.
PUSH THE LIMITS OF WHAT'S POSSIBLE
MakerBot Materials for METHOD X
Extensively tested by MakerBot for the highest reliability and measurably accurate parts.
For users looking for special materials with advanced properties to push the limits of what's possible.
MakerBot Materials for Method are manufactured to exacting diameter and quality specifications and shipped in a vacuum sealed Mylar bag to preserve quality right up until opening. The new Smart Spool system sends all of your material information including colour and amount remaining wirelessly to MakerBot Print for up-to-the-second material management.
Available Colours and Materials
MakerBot Precision Tough
Print high-strength, durable prototypes and fixtures with up to 2X the impact strength of ABS.
MakerBot Tough is a styrene-free, office-friendly alternative to ABS works with water-soluble supports which are easy to handle in an office environment.
MakerBot Precision PLA
Easy to use and ideal for early-stage concept development, design details including sharp corners and edges print flawlessly with virtually no warping or curling.
MakerBot Precision PVA
Precision Dissolving PVA ensures fast and effortless support removal for your most complex prints.
High-strength and durability combine with chemical and moisture resistance to offer excellent mechanical properties.
MakerBot ABS for METHOD X
Print real, production-grade ABS at 100°C with no warping or cracking supported by Stratasys® SR-30 soluble material for unlimited geometric freedom.
|ABS Precision Model Material|
|Heat Deflection Temperature (HDT B)||84°C (15°C higher than desktop 3D printer ABS)*|
|Tensile Modulus||2400 MPa (26% higher than desktop 3D printer ABS)*|
|Tensile Strength||43 MPa (12% higher than desktop 3D printer ABS)*|
MakerBot ABS for METHOD X is capable of withstanding 15°C higher temperatures, is 26% more rigid, and 12% stronger than modified ABS material formulations for desktop 3D printers.
MakerBot METHOD X Specifications
Size, weight, and software details
|Why?||Only low temp materials needed||ABS or other high temp materials are needed|
|Model 1 Extruder - 900-0012A
Support 2 Extruder-900-0013A
|Model 1X Extruder - 900-0043A
Support 2X Extruder-900-0044A
Model 1 Extruder - 900-0012A
Support 2 Extruder - 900-0013A
|100 - 240 VAC, 50/ 60 Hz,
400 W max 3.9A -1.6A
|100 - 240 VAC, 50/ 60 Hz,
800 W max 8.1A- 3.4 A
|Layer Resolution||20-400 micron|
|Build Volume||Single Extrusion 19 L x 19 W x 19.6 H cm / 7.5 x 7.5 x 7.75
Dual Extrusion 15.2 L x 19 W x 19.6 H cm / 6.0 x 7.5 x 7.75 in
|Precision Materials: PLA, Tough, PVA
Specialty Materials: PETG
|Precision Materials: PLA, Tough, PVA, ABS, Stratasys® SR-30
Specialty Materials: PETG
- Quick Prototypes
- Fit Tests
- Concept Iterations
- Manufacturing Tools
- End-use Parts
- Functional Prototypes
MakerBot Cost Per Part
Learn about the cost of prototyping with MakerBot Method
INDUSTRIAL 3D PRINTER
Cost Per Part + Shipping
Cost Per Part
Cost Per Part*
Time Per Part
Time Per Part
Time Per Part
(material + printer)**
(material + printer)**
Based on industry averages for outsourcing 3D printing to fulfillment services and averages of entry level industrial platforms.
* Based on 52 parts per year average, prices shown in USD
** Cost of material plus the cost per print of the printers depreciated over a period of 3 years.
MakerBot METHOD X Benefits
Maximum innovation with minimal investment
Accelerate Product Development
Put speed and control into your design cycles while reducing production costs to bring your products to market, fast. A project requiring 10 design iterations can be reduced to 4 days in-house using METHOD X, as opposed to 40 days (including shipping) from an outsourced supplier.
Reduce Design Risk
Design mistakes found late in production can be exponentially more expensive than when found earlier in the product development cycle. METHOD X allows your team to test and validate more prototypes with accuracy early and often; minimizing potential cost overruns later in production.
Reclaim the cost of development time
Put an end to frivolous tinkering, equipment upkeep, and stalled innovation at the cost of valuable design time. With the DNA and architecture of an industrial 3D printer, METHOD X is built and extensively tested by MakerBot to print reliable prototypes—no tinkering or calibration required.
Low Total Cost of Ownership
From the purchase and installation to ongoing maintenance, materials, and support, METHOD X is designed from the ground up to deliver industrial-quality performance at about one-third the first-year cost of ownership of an entry-level industrial 3D printer.
MakerBot MakerCare for Method
Why choose MakerCare Platinum Service?
* MakerBot Support business hours are Mon–Fri: 9am-6pm ET
** Expedited shipping means that a part is shipped to a customer via overnight shipping at the earliest availability (usually within one business day), so customers can expect to receive their parts within 2 days. Replacement parts exclude consumables.
Is the MakerBot METHOD X right for you?
Call us free at 1-877-219-6757 and get your questions answered