Collaborative Designer Overview
Collaborative Designer for SOLIDWORKS® connects SOLIDWORKS Desktop to the 3DEXPERIENCE® platform
Designers can securely save SOLIDWORKS design data to the cloud and access it from anywhere with a browser. All 3DEXPERIENCE solutions for design, simulation, manufacturing and governance can leverage the data once it’s on the platform.
Collaborative Designer for SOLIDWORKS Features
Access and share your SOLIDWORKS data securely on the cloud
Save on the Cloud
Save your CAD data on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform and make it available to all solutions on the platform.
Review tasks and data
Review tasks and open design data on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform without leaving SOLIDWORKS.
Share your SOLIDWORKS data
Enable stakeholders to use your design data along with all available business data in the cloud while you continue to work in SOLIDWORKS.
Collaborate on any device
Share your SOLIDWORKS designs within your business ecosystem from any device, at any time.
Perform Livecycle Operations
Search, explore, and select relevant design contexts from a web browser, and perform lifecycle operations including revise, release and lock/unlock.
Manage on the Cloud
View, share, annotate, discuss and manage designs from anywhere, at any time and on any device with a web browser.
Visualize 3D components instantly from any web-enabled device. Navigate tabular and 3D design data simultaneously and easily validate the differences between two product structures.
Securely Manage & Revise
Securely manage your data and all facets of your product development process on the platform. Control revisions with specialized tools.
Features to tame your data complexity
Store on the cloud
Store everything in the cloud with a storage solution that understands the relationships between the different files you create.
- Storing and managing your design files on the cloud. 3DEXPERIENCE Social Collaboration Services centralizes all of your cloud file management, simplifies your workflows, and improves productivity by allowing you to view, search, and share all your files, regardless of where they are stored.
- Viewing your business information in one central location, regardless of the size of your company. With 3DEXPERIENCE Social Collaboration Services, you can view the latest world news related to your product or project, see what your team is talking about, present and share your metrics with executives and customers, capture notes, and store them in one location or share them with others.
Collaborate on Ideas
Build communities with 3DSWYM to share and collaborate on ideas and information for any project you are working on.
- Accessing a global community of experts and colleagues to be the best design/engineering professional you can be. With 3DEXPERIENCE Social Collaboration Services you can get answers to difficult engineering challenges, learn new skills, and share your knowledge and expertise with access to global online communities.
- Collaborating and connecting everyone involved in designing your products, and feedback from your customers, partners, and suppliers.
- Training to improve your professional skills with access to hundreds of online tutorials available through 3DEXPERIENCE Social Collaboration Services.
Access Industrial Service Providers
The 3DEXPERIENCE Marketplace provides on-demand capabilities for getting your products from design to manufacturing. It offers services for both manufacturing and intelligent part sourcing capabilities.
- Make - Leverage a worldwide ecosystem of qualified industrial manufacturing service providers and identify the best partner based on your specifications, across all manufacturing processes: 3D Printing, CNC Machining, Injection molding, sheet metal and more.
- Part Supply - Source components directly from your design environment, with the most comprehensive and intelligent online 3D components catalog.
Connect to SOLIDWORKS Desktop
Connect your traditional desktop experience with SOLIDWORKS to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
- Integrated directly into SOLIDWORKS, the 3DEXPERIENCE Desktop Add-in allows you to access all of your information from the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform right from within SOLIDWORKS.
- This workflow allows you to combine the power of SOLIDWORKS to quickly create and edit your engineering designs, with the collaborative features of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe—no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.
SOLIDWORKS Services included
Improve your performance and productivity with Javelin services
With SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service, you have access to extensive help from our SOLIDWORKS experts. Which will enhance your software investment and guide you through development challenges.
- Live Technical Support from our certified support team.
- Remote Support to solve your technical issue right on your machine.
- Regular Communication of software updates and technical tips and tricks.
Upgrades & Resources
Enjoy the latest version of your software and direct access to a comprehensive library of drawings, parts, assemblies, and features contributed by users around the globe.
- Automatic Upgrades to the most Up-to-date Version of your SOLIDWORKS software.
- FREE access to the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal for Macros, Documentation, and the ability to submit Enhancement Requests.
- Full access to the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base for Articles, Tech Tips, and Best Practices.
Online Training & Certification
A MySolidWorks online account is included with your subscription service where you can get answers, stay current, and sharpen your design skills with online training:
- MySolidWorks Standard Account includes 600+ online tutorial videos.
- FREE access to SOLIDWORKS testing and certification to help you become a Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) or Professional (CSWP).
Learn more about Apps available through the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform