Why your team needs to use the SOLIDWORKS PDM Add-in
Bring your design data under control and improve the way your teams manage and collaborate on product development. By leveraging a secure vault, you can extend the access to your 3D design environment and associated files, for all participants from engineering through manufacturing.
This enables everyone involved in your projects to share information and collaborate on designs, while automatically protecting your intellectual property with the automated version and revision control systems:
- Secure repository for fast information retrieval.
- Version control for both minor changes and major revisions to help prevent data loss.
- Integrated workflows that automate your design and approval processes for more efficient review and release of final designs.
- Implemented in a fraction of the time required by other product data management solutions.
SOLIDWORKS PDM Overview
SOLIDWORKS PDM centralizes the storage of all your engineering data and related files with a single, easily deployable solution tightly integrated with SOLIDWORKS applications.
You extend the reach of your design system—locally or remotely, from engineering through manufacturing—to share information, collaborate on designs, and automatically protect design data with integrated tracking and version control
Immediately get up to speed through a fully integrated bundle that includes database software, CAD connectors, replicated servers, and an API for customization.
The integrated Windows Explorer search tool makes it easy to quickly find information and take action. Full integration of SOLIDWORKS PDM with Windows® Explorer provides a familiar environment and unparalleled ease of use. The short learning curve also leads to higher productivity and a faster return on investment.
Maintain version and revision history
Creating and maintaining proper version and revision history is difficult and creates a lot of duplicate information. PDM makes it easy:
- Versions are automatically created and references updated
- Flexible revision scheme to adhere to company standards
- Increment revisions automatically based on a defined approval process
- Easily retrieve previous versions of parts, assemblies, and drawings while working in SOLIDWORKS
A SOLIDWORKS PDM Guide
Learn how to take control of your design data
Design reuse for your business
Companies that use an integrated PDM system can maximize the effectiveness of design reuse by efficiently addressing the associated challenges. The following white paper examines the five key benefits of design reuse and explores how SOLIDWORKS® PDM Professional software can help you turn design reuse into a winning strategy.
Get our white paper to learn how an integrated PDM system will:
- Slash design time
- Leverage proven concepts
- Increase quoting speed and accuracy
- Reduce data duplication and part numbers
- Integrate resources from all departments