Training Course Contents
This CATIA V5 Foundation training course introduces the trainee to the fundamental concepts behind CATIA V5 (3DEXPERIENCE CATIA Mechanical and Shape Engineer) Part Design, Assembly Design and Drafting. Suitable for the new user, self-taught engineers and users coming from other 3D CAD packages such as SOLIDWORKS
NOTE: Participants will require access to their own CATIA V5 license
Course Info at a glance
Requirements & Benefits
Skills you will acquire
CATIA V5 Fundamentals Lessons
This course will concentrate on the following topics:
Getting started with CATIA V5
As the World’s Leading Solution for product design and development, CATIA presents the unique ability to not only model any product but to do so in the context of its real-life behaviour.
Systems architects, engineers, designers, construction professionals, and all contributors can define, imagine and shape the connected world.
Used across a variety of industry sectors including aerospace, automotive, plant design and consumer goods, CATIA can be used to support all phases of the product development process, shortening development cycles to help you create products and bring them to market faster.
The Javelin training course provides best practices that enables you to become comfortable with using CATIA V5 in the shortest amount of time.
The training course includes:
- Understand the Sketcher workbench and tools/commands
- Learn to create fundamental solid features – Pad, Pocket, Hole, Shaft, Groove, Shell
- Apply Dress-Up features – Fillet, Chamfers, Drafts and Stiffeners
- Understand the need for Reference Geometry and Axis Systems
- Introduction to Reusing Data – Feature Patterns, Power Copies
- Apply materials and measure components
- Create parameters and understand the formula editor
- Understand the basics of assemblies – Building product structure, move and constrain parts
- Introduction to designing in context
- Understand the basics of drafting – creating views, dimensioning and annotating
Choose from three different training methods available to you
Receive SOLIDWORKS training as a group in a traditional classroom environment.
Classes can be taken in one of our 12 training locations across Canada using SOLIDWORKS approved training content and methodologies.
- Cost effective training method.
- Leave the office to concentrate on learning.
- Learn more through group questions and feedback.
Live Online Training
With our online training you will experience an interactive learning environment where you can give feedback, gain access to the SOLIDWORKS training files and get time to work on training exercises.
- Online courses are typically half day sessions.
- More effective than video based training, with recorded videos learners are often not as focused on the training and skip exercises.
Onsite at your location
Receive training at your place of work. This style of flexible training is perfect for teams or individuals who are faced with a specific challenge and require personalized courses with on-the-job coaching.
- Use our state-of-the-art mobile classroom at your facility.
- Bring your team up to a consistent level of knowledge by having them take the same training at the same time.
- Benefit from flexible scheduling options.
Choose a CATIA V5 Fundamentals class from the list below
Get Custom Training
Contact us to learn how the CATIA V5 Fundamentals course can be included in custom training for your business