Training Course Contents
The SOLIDWORKS CSWP Exam Preparation Workshop is designed for users who want to take their career to the next level by becoming a Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional in Mechanical Design. The Certified SOLIDWORKS Instructor and sample exam materials will guide you through the required knowledge and strategies that best equip you for exam success.
Hands-on exercises are designed to mimic the exam requirements, so you will gain a thorough understanding of expectations. As a bonus, the instructor will offer timed exercises for a real-life exam experience.
While attending this workshop prepares you for the challenge of attempting the CSWP - Mechanical Design exam, it does not guarantee you will pass.
To complete the exam, you must have a license of at least SOLIDWORKS 2015.
Course Info at a glance
FREE Exam Vouchers
If you are not currently on subscription service, Javelin has a limited number of complimentary exam vouchers available for those who complete the workshop.
This workshop will prepare you and your computer to take the certification exam:
- Optimize your workstation for taking the exam
- Become familiar with the Virtual Tester interface which you will use to take the exam
- Quickly understand the expectations for each question in the exam
- Organize your SOLIDWORKS environment to suit the requirements of the exam
- Pre-set parameters such as global variables and equations to enable quick design changes under time constraints
- Learn the most effective methodology for creating and modifying parts and assemblies fast, under time constraints
- Model complex parts from printed drawings
- Identify and apply design intent
- Make fast design intent changes
- Use advanced evaluation tools
- Master configuration management tools
- Build and revise multi-level assemblies fast using standard and advanced mates
- Understand best practices to complete the exam
Requirements & Benefits
Be able to perform the following under time constraints, focusing on speed and accuracy:
- Modeling parts and assemblies from a printed drawing
- Changing design intent of an existing SOLIDWORKS part or assembly
- Configuring models and managing configurations
CSWP Preparation Workshop Topics
The following lessons are included in the SOLIDWORKS CSWP Exam Preparation Workshop
Segment 1: Model Parts from Printed Drawings under Time Constraints
- Optimize workstation for taking the exam
- Become familiar with the Virtual Tester interface
- Configure SOLIDWORKS User Interface for maximizing performance
- Identify the design intent in the printed drawings
- Identify datums
- Identify major dimensions and features that will change
- Create Global Variable and Equations to increase change speed and accuracy
- Plan the structure of the FeatureManager Tree
- Advanced Sketch Management
- Modify geometry on initial part to create a more complex part
- Modify parameters on the part at different stages while maintaining all other dimensions and design intent
- Use mass property analysis to validate model designs
Segment 2: Revise Design Intent and Configure Parts Fast
- Complex design intent revision
- Change and/or rearrange features of existing SOLIDWORKS parts
- Error management and diagnostic tools
- Create configurations
- Change configurations
- Configuration tables
- Use mass property analysis to validate model designs
Segment 3: Build, Revise and Validate Assemblies
- Create assemblies using bottom-up modeling
- Add parts to an assembly
- Basic and advanced mates
- Insert sub-assemblies
- Interference detection
- Perform dynamic collision detection when moving components in an assembly
- Replacing a component with another in an assembly
- Create coordinate systems
- Override mass properties, including center of mass
- Use a coordinate system to perform mass properties analysis
"Taking the CSWP Exam Preparation course with Javelin was a satisfying and enlightening experience that helped me reach one of my career goals, being a Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional. The instructor is really knowledgeable about the product and provided me with the proper information to be successful on the exam."
— Man Ng, Modatek Systems (Magna International Inc.)
Choose from three different training methods available to you
Receive SOLIDWORKS training as a group in a traditional classroom environment.
Classes can be taken in one of our 12 training locations across Canada using SOLIDWORKS approved training content and methodologies.
- Cost effective training method.
- Leave the office to concentrate on learning.
- Learn more through group questions and feedback.
Live Online Training
With our online training you will experience an interactive learning environment where you can give feedback, gain access to the SOLIDWORKS training files and get time to work on training exercises.
- Online courses are typically half day sessions.
- More effective than video based training, with recorded videos learners are often not as focused on the training and skip exercises.
Onsite at your location
Receive training at your place of work. This style of flexible training is perfect for teams or individuals who are faced with a specific challenge and require personalized courses with on-the-job coaching.
- Use our state-of-the-art mobile classroom at your facility.
- Bring your team up to a consistent level of knowledge by having them take the same training at the same time.
- Benefit from flexible scheduling options.
Choose a SOLIDWORKS CSWP Exam Preparation Workshop class from the list below
|Monday, 27th February, 2023||3 Day (3 hours/day)||Online||Get a Quote|
|Monday, 24th April, 2023||3 Day (3 hours/day)||Online||Get a Quote|
|Monday, 19th June, 2023||3 Day (3 hours/day)||Online||Get a Quote|
|Monday, 11th September, 2023||3 Day (3 hours/day)||Online||Get a Quote|
|Monday, 23rd October, 2023||3 Day (3 hours/day)||Online||Get a Quote|
|Monday, 4th December, 2023||3 Day (3 hours/day)||Online||Get a Quote|
Get Custom Training
Contact us to learn how the SOLIDWORKS CSWP Exam Preparation Workshop course can be included in custom training for your business