Do you need to turn a complex, non-developable surface soft goods design into a 2D flat pattern? SOLIDWORKS® partner ExactFlat adds a powerful new dimension to SOLIDWORKS capabilities.
Design, develop, prototype, cost and manufacture any product that uses composites, industrial fabrics, or technical textiles. In this on-demand webinar we will demonstrate how ExactFlat can take advantage of the latest enhancements in SOLIDWORKS.
ExactFlat Soft Goods Design Capabilities:
- Create pattern elements from CAD geometry quickly and easily
- Flatten complex, non-developable 3D surfaces into accurate 2D flat patterns
- Develop patterns with seam allowances, notches, grain lines, drills, and appliques
- Optimize material utilization through marker making and nesting
- Output designs to CNC fabric cutters
- Work within SOLIDWORKS – sewn product features can now be parametrically defined and fully linked from 3D design, to 2D flat pattern, to nesting, and costing.
- Collaborate with the design team – design, data, and creativity are on one platform, bringing excellence, speed and flexibility to fabric design, prototyping, and production.
- Work Faster – take your 3D designs directly into production – ready flat patterns in minutes – not days or weeks – using the most advanced algorithms for industrial fabrics, within a software tool you already know.
- Minimize material costs – integrated automated nesting. You can now go from CAD-to-Cutter faster and more easily, than ever before
ExactFlat is a SOLIDWORKS certified gold partner product for the soft goods fabrication industry.
ExactFlat takes complex geometry of soft goods CAD models (textiles, furniture cushions, fabrics, and more) and accurately flattens the shape for cutting as well as fully analyzing the flattened shape for stretch and sag to make sure that it fits perfectly the first time.