SOLIDWORKS 3D Interconnect delivers groundbreaking capabilities for working with both neutral and native CAD data from various sources, unlocking powerful workflows for you to collaborate with customers and vendors. With 3D Interconnect you can:
- Maintain direct integration of native CAD files from PTC® Creo®, Autodesk® Inventor®, Siemens® NX, Solid Edge®, and CATIA®, and treat them like native components.
- Avoid fixing errors or problems due to SOLIDWORKS awareness of all components in the native CAD files, like face and edge IDs.
- Directly open imported files and treat them like Base Parts, so you can freely make design modifications without affecting the native file.
- Update both part and assembly files as design changes take place with Update Model feature.
Watch a demonstration below to learn more:
SOLIDWORKS 3D Interconnect is designed for a “mixed CAD” environment:
- Consultants/Manufacturers working with customers that have a different CAD system
- Companies that have lingering legacy data
- Companies looking to switch from one 3D CAD software to SOLIDWORKS
The following formats and their versions are supported in 3D Interconnect:
|Formats||File Formats||Format Versions|
|ACIS||.sat, .sab, .asat, .asab||r1-2018 1.0|
|Autodesk® Inventor||.ipt (V6 – V2018)
.iam (V11 – V2018)
|V11 – 2018|
|CATIA® V5||.CATPart, .CATProduct||V5R8 – V5-6R2017|
|IGES||.igs, .iges||Up to 5.3|
|JT||.jt||JT 8.x, 9.x, and 10.x|
|PTC®||.prt, .prt.*, .asm, .asm.*||For Pro/ENGINEER® 16 – Creo 4.0|
|Solid Edge®||.par, .asm, .psm||V18 – ST10|
|STEP||.stp, .step||AP203, AP214, AP242|
|NX™ software||.prt||11 – NX 11|
The SOLIDWORKS 3D Interconnect Add-in is part of the SOLIDWORKS Premium software bundle from Javelin.
SOLIDWORKS Premium software gives you powerful, easy-to-use functionality that automates tasks, streamlines workflows, and helps you quickly define and validate the form, fit, and function of your design. Part of the SOLIDWORKS product development solution.
Includes tools for design, simulation, sustainability, communication and data management—SOLIDWORKS Premium empowers innovative design with specific tools that help you work more efficiently so you can make better design decisions.
Related resources for this add-in:
Interested in the SOLIDWORKS 3D Interconnect Add-in?
Call us free at 1-877-219-6757 and get your questions answered