SOLIDWORKS Premium 2022
SOLIDWORKS Premium 2022 gives you powerful, easy-to-use functionality that automates tasks, streamlines workflows, and helps you quickly define and validate the form, fit, and function of your design. Part of the SOLIDWORKS product development solution — covering design, simulation, sustainability, technical communication, and data management — SOLIDWORKS Premium empowers innovative design with specific tools that help you work more efficiently so you can make better design decisions.
Adds powerful simulation and design validation to the capabilities of SOLIDWORKS Professional, plus reverse engineering, and advanced wire and pipe routing functionality.
Time Based Motion Analysis
Easily evaluate how your product will perform and move throughout its operational cycle with motion analysis. Visualize your product moving as it would in the real world and measure the forces and loads on your design.
Linear Stress Analysis
Linear stress analysis enables designers and engineers to quickly and efficiently validate quality, performance, and safety—all while creating their design. Reduce the need for costly prototypes, eliminating rework, and save time and development costs.
Advanced Surface Flattening
Often products like leather goods, sports equipment, footwear, and products made from composite materials, like carbon fiber and fiberglass, have complex shapes, but are manufactured from materials that start out as flat stock, such as cow hides, nylon, cloth, and flat composite sheet.
With SOLIDWORKS Premium you can accurately determine or estimate the size and shape of surfaces in their flattened state in order to be able to cut the material from the flat sheet.
Piping and Tubing Design
Accelerate the development process and save time by designing piping and tubing in 3D during system design with SOLIDWORKS. By integrating piping and tubing during the design process, designers can help ensure efficient assembly, operation, and serviceability, avoiding rework, delays, and extra cost.
Electrical Cable Harness and Conduit Design
Quickly design and route electrical wiring, harnessing, cabling, and conduit assemblies of products in 3D using the SOLIDWORKS Premium package. Integrating these systems during product design rather than adding them later accelerates your development process, saves time and rework costs, and helps to ensure efficient product assembly and serviceability.
Routing of Rectangular and Other Sections
SOLIDWORKS Premium users can route rectangular and round sections to meet their design needs. Equipment designers, product designers, machine designers, facility designers and others all need rectangular section routing to complete their designs that include ducting, cable trays, conveyors, material handling chutes, and many other systems.
SOLIDWORKS Premium Case Studies
Click on the images below to learn how designers use SOLIDWORKS
Live online SOLIDWORKS training benefits engineering team at Measurand
DECKED design team optimizes large assembly work and PDM tools with help from Javelin – a TriMech Company
Technology experts at Damon Motorcycles are driving improvements in rider safety and comfort
Precision toolmaker in Victoria, BC completes SOLIDWORKS training and certification at astronomical pace
SOLIDWORKS Premium Features & Benefits
All the design and validation tools you need are included with the Premium version
Time based motion analysis
Motion analysis is solved using a time-based approach for rigid body kinematic and dynamic problems. SOLIDWORKS Motion takes the designer beyond the free drag movement available in a CAD environment and into a true physical calculation of the forces and motions of an assembly as it would move under environmental loads (external forces) and/or internal loads (motors, springs, and dampers).
SOLIDWORKS Motion simulation can calculate the effect of:
- Contact between components
Linear Stress Analysis
SOLIDWORKS Simulation uses finite element analysis (FEA) methods to convert design components into solid, shell, or beam elements and uses linear stress analysis to determine the response of parts and assemblies due to the effect of:
- Contact between components
Piping and Tubing
Use the wide range of tools in SOLIDWORKS Premium to simplify design and documentation of piping and tubing for a wide range of systems and applications, including machinery, skid systems, and process plant piping. With SOLIDWORKS Premium, designers can:
- Create piping system designs with butt welded, socket welded, threaded, and other connections
- Create flexible or rigid tubing lines
- Automate placement of supports and hangers for all lines
- Generate bend tables for tube routes to support manufacturing
- Output PCF files for use with ISOGEN® piping software
- Export tubing/piping bend tables to CNC benders
- Automatically generate piping/tubing manufacturing drawings from your 3D models
- Automatically create bill of material (BOM), cut lists, bend tables, and other manufacturing documentation
- Access a CAD library of piping and tubing components
- Use the Routing Library Manager (RLM) wizard to guide creation of custom piping/tubing components
Specific electrical cable harness and conduit design functionality includes the ability to:
- Position all equipment and run electrical routes throughout the overall design
- Route electrical cable, harness, and conduit systems through your product, including ribbon cable
- Determine required lengths of all wires, cables, harness segments as you design
- Flatten electrical cable harness for manufacturing documentation
- Import “From-To” electrical connection information from schematic design tools
- Generate complete bill of material (BOM) and wire cut lists for harnesses for manufacturing
- Create cable harnesses as mechanical-only or with electrical data
- Run rigid or flexible electrical conduit segments
- Include additional components, such as mounting hardware, splices, connectors, insulation, looms, heat-shrink tubing, cable ties
- Routing Library Manager (RLM) wizard to guide creation of custom electrical components
"Javelin’s quick response time, sales and technical support are all very good. We implemented SOLIDWORKS in 1998 and to date, remain a satisfied customer"
Brad Toole, Engineering Manager
Breaker Technology Ltd.
"The time we save using SOLIDWORKS and doing our own 3D printing helps us validate designs quickly to meet demanding project deadlines"
Ron Ryan, Fabrication Group Manager
"SOLIDWORKS has definitely brought something different to the Solar Industry. Our U.S. counterparts use 2D, but they will be switching to 3D soon"
Chris White, Design & Technical Manager
“Javelin is an easily accessible reseller who is supportive, knowledgeable and professional. Keep up the Gold Standard level of service.”
Michael Fernando, Tool & Die Designer
Theta Industries Inc.
“SOLIDWORKS is now the de facto standard and Javelin is one of the best SOLIDWORKS resellers. How can you go wrong with a de facto standard on both the reseller and the software?”
John Leavitt, Owner
“Javelin staff and technical support are excellent. They are knowledgeable, helpful and thorough. Technical questions are always answered; either immediately or in a timely manner.”
Christa Carey, Technical Support Manager
“We rely heavily on our software to keep us profitable, and Javelin is always in the background keeping ProVantage running.”
Peter Graham, Engineering Manager
"Javelin does far more than sell software and 3D printers. They provide team support and resources, when there were technical challenges, Javelin stepped up and made it right."
Timm Williams, Partner
"Evolve Design Solutions appreciates the excellent customer service, product knowledge and technical support provided by Javelin, our SOLIDWORKS Value Added Reseller (VAR).”
Aldo Balatti, Principal
Evolve Design Solutions
“Javelin offers the complete package; good products, good service and value for what you need. They’re a great bunch of people who are always willing to help you out.”
Mark McCumber, Senior Designer
F-B Tool & Die Limited
"As far as Javelin goes, they’re really nice guys. Excellent technical support is provided by a consistent group of people. Reasonable, low pressure sales support is also appreciated."
Mike McGuire, President
"I’ve been a believer in SOLIDWORKS PDM since day one because it’s been effective since day one"
Ray Minato, President
Inertia Engineering + Design
"Javelin seems to make an extra effort to ensure that the software’s capabilities are being maximized to benefit the customer.”
Darryl Turrie, Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited
"Javelin employees are friendly, knowledgeable and quick to respond with effective solutions, and ZEC Wind Power is very pleased to be affiliated with this company."
Michelle El-Hage, Designer
ZEC Wind Power
SOLIDWORKS Services included
Improve your performance and productivity with Javelin services
With SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service, you have access to extensive help from our SOLIDWORKS experts. Which will enhance your software investment and guide you through development challenges.
- Live Technical Support from our certified support team.
- Remote Support to solve your technical issue right on your machine.
- Regular Communication of software updates and technical tips and tricks.
Upgrades & Resources
Enjoy the latest version of your software and direct access to a comprehensive library of drawings, parts, assemblies, and features contributed by users around the globe.
- Automatic Upgrades to the most Up-to-date Version of your SOLIDWORKS software.
- FREE access to the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal for Macros, Documentation, and the ability to submit Enhancement Requests.
- Full access to the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base for Articles, Tech Tips, and Best Practices.
Online Training & Certification
A SolidProfessor and a MySolidWorks online account is included with your subscription service where you can get answers, stay current, and sharpen your design skills with online training:
- SolidProfessor includes 15K+ online tutorial videos.
- FREE access to SOLIDWORKS testing and certification to help you become a Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) or Professional (CSWP).
Find out the Cost
Get Canadian pricing for SOLIDWORKS software