Add markups and notes directly to your 3D model using the new SOLIDWORKS 3D Markup capability. Just orient your model and begin. 3D markups are saved with the file and can also be exported in various formats.
Collaborate More Effectively and Efficiently with Your Team
Good communication among design stakeholders is an essential part of any successful design process. SOLIDWORKS 2019 introduces a brand new way to communicate your design ideas, by enabling you to add markups directly to parts and assemblies when using a touch device.
- Adding notes to an exploded view is easy. To create a new Mark Up, simply select “Insert Markup view” from the Mark Up folder in the feature manager and set your preferred pen style using the color palette and thickness slider. Now you’re ready to go ahead and start writing directly on the screen of your touch device.
- As you write, your notes are captured together with the orientation of the markup view. Markups are stored with the model and can be viewed by other members of your design community using SOLIDWORKS on any workstation touch enabled or not.
- At any time, you can add even more clarity to your notes by mixing styles, changing pen colour and thickness can be a great way to emphasis or highlight key areas and comments.
- When finished the markup view is automatically captured and stored in the markups folder, and if required given a name to signify its purpose.
- Markups stored with the model can exported in a variety of industry standard image formats or PDFs, ready to be shared with other stakeholders outside of your SOLIDWORKS design community.
3D Markup in SOLIDWORKS 2019 provides a fast and innovative approach to communicating your design ideas.
SOLIDWORKS Premium 2019
SOLIDWORKS 3D Markup Collaboration is included with SOLIDWORKS Premium 2019 software from Javelin.
SOLIDWORKS Premium software gives you powerful, easy-to-use functionality that automates tasks, streamlines workflows, and helps you quickly define and validate the form, fit, and function of your design. Part of the SOLIDWORKS product development solution.
SOLIDWORKS Premium includes design, simulation, sustainability, communication and data management add-ins. Empowers innovative design with specific tools that help you work more efficiently so you can make better design decisions.
Related resources for SOLIDWORKS 2019: