Many new enhancements have been included in SOLIDWORKS 2019 to help improve large and complex assembly performance.
Be More Productive Working with Large Assemblies
Large Design Review is a capability that has been available in SOLIDWORKS for many years and allows users to open very large assemblies fast, giving you the ability to quickly interrogate a model or conduct design reviews. In Large Design Review, users have access to the feature manager, and it provides super-fast view manipulation to rapidly visualize and move around your assembly. The ability to measure distances, cut cross sections, hide and show components and do walkthroughs are also valuable tools to interrogate a large assembly.
Large Design Review (LDR) Enhanced
In SOLIDWORKS 2019, Large Design review has been enhanced to include assembly editing capabilities.
- Reference geometry, like planes and axis are accessible as well Mates where changes can be made to how a component is assembled. Sketches can be shown or hidden and can be referenced for adding mates or for visual clarity.
- If you are looking to delete a few components that may not be needed, this can now be done in the new Edit Mode.
- New components can be added to your design just as you would in a fully resolved assembly, and these new items can placed and mated into their proper positions. Mating is done just like you would in Lightweight or resolved mode, including the use of the quick mate toolbar.
- Components that have prepared to use Magnetic Mates can be assembled as well and snapped into position saving a great deal of time when doing large facility layouts.
- Changing configurations is another commonly used workflow, and this capability is now available with the Large Design review mode.
Improved SOLIDWORKS Large Assembly Performance is included with SOLIDWORKS Premium 2019 software from Javelin.
SOLIDWORKS Premium software gives you powerful, easy-to-use functionality that automates tasks, streamlines workflows, and helps you quickly define and validate the form, fit, and function of your design. Part of the SOLIDWORKS product development solution.
Including tools for design, simulation, sustainability, communication and data management—SOLIDWORKS Premium empowers innovative design with specific tools that help you work more efficiently so you can make better design decisions.
Related resources for SOLIDWORKS 2019: