Enhanced automation functionality in SOLIDWORKS PDM 2019 can be leveraged not only in design, but downstream as well, making it easier than ever to integrate the efforts of multiple teams.
Streamline Workflows with Enhanced PDM Automation
Automating tasks and workflows enables individuals and teams to get their job done faster. SOLIDWORKS PDM 2019 improves on this by introducing enhanced automation functionality that can be leveraged not only in design, but downstream in quality, technical communications and beyond.
- Easy-to-configure workflows in SOLIDWORKS PDM are paramount for hands-off automation. New task types can be executed from an option inside the PDM vault or automated when the source CAD file is transitioned in a workflow.
- Notifications can now be sent based on conditions. Stakeholders who receive a notification can flag issues and push it back from the web portal.
- Creating users in PDM can be automated by importing them from Windows Active Directory and if you’re working with an external manufacturer, you can now add users local to the vault even though they are not available in Active Directory.
- User names can now be leveraged as a default value when performing searches. For example, it is now easier than ever for technical writers to find, complete and check in their SOLIDWORKS Composer projects without leaving their application.
- SOLIDWORKS Inspection has similar integration and applies properties from the PDM data card to the project and published reports, eliminating duplication of data entry.
- Experienced PDM users will also benefit when performing day-to-day activities.
- Working in the vault is made much easier as a result of full file shortcut functions available in the Where Used, Contains and BOM tabs.
- When editing SOLIDWORKS Drawings, the Data Card properties may now be automatically applied to new sheets when they are added which saves even more time.
With the improvements made in SOLIDWORKS PDM 2019, it’s easier than ever to automate your tasks and workflows so that you can complete your projects faster.
SOLIDWORKS® Product Data Management (PDM) products manage and synchronize your design data across your entire enterprise with a single, easily deployable solution tightly integrated with SOLIDWORKS 2019.
By leveraging a secure vault, you can extend the access to your 3D design environment and associated files, for all participants from engineering through manufacturing. This enables everyone involved in your projects to share information and collaborate on designs, while automatically protecting your intellectual property with the automated version and revision control systems.
Related resources for SOLIDWORKS 2019: