On December 12, 2018, staff from both Javelin Technologies and all 32 Guelph divisions of Linamar came together for an Industry 4.0 Technology Day. Taking place at the Linamar Innovation Center, Javelin held both a morning and afternoon session along with a pavilion showcasing featured technology solutions for 2019.
Javelin has been proudly partnered with Linamar for 17 years. We came together for this event to educate and inform managers and users on Industry 4.0 advancements. Javelin highlighted topics like IoT and Big Data, and shared how our partnership will continue to enable and develop Linamar for years to come.
“From a single lathe in my father’s basement to a multi-billion dollar global manufacturing company, Linamar has come a long way in our short history. Today the company operates 58 manufacturing facilities around the world. Our precision products provide the light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, energy and industrial OEM markets with powertrain system solutions. Our Skyjack brand is a global leader of aerial work platforms to the construction and access markets. We are a diversified manufacturing company powering motion, powering work, powering lives. Linamar is turning 50 this year which is a huge milestone for us. I’m extremely proud of the organization we have built over those years and I’m very confident in what the future holds for Linamar’s customers, employees and its financial stakeholders.”
— Linda Hasenfratz, CEO
The morning session, specifically for managers, covered topics such as: how to leverage your technology solutions, take account and standardize, and partnering to achieve your goals. The afternoon session, specifically for users, covered subjects including: top enhancements in SOLIDWORKS, smart manufacturing solutions, training, certifications, design and manufacturing hardware solutions.
The Javelin Pavilion featured:
- Javelin’s Technical Solutions & Training Team
- DriveWorks Automation
- Cimetrix, a division of Javelin
- Dassault Systèmes SOLIDWORKS
- Cinema Suite A/R | V/R | M/R Solutions
Users were excited to see new enhancements in 3D technology, empowered to improve skill sets and attain certifications. Managers were keen to learn more about how they can leverage their existing investment in technology, and expand their solutions as the SOLIDWORKS Innovation Platforms grows to support their needs.
Take a look below to see what was covered and learn more about the different products and solutions offered by Javelin Technologies.
Additive Manufacturing with 3D Printers has opened the door for faster and more cost effective production. 3D printed manufacturing applications and tooling can create dramatic improvements in both time savings and cost efficiency, when compared with more traditional production methods.
Desktop Metal 3D Printers
For the full product lifecycle – from prototyping to mass production. Desktop Metal offers two systems:
- The Desktop Metal Studio System is the world’s first affordable, office-friendly metal 3D printing system. Safe and simple to use, the Studio System was designed to bring metal 3D printing to the shop floor by allowing engineering and design teams to make metal parts faster, without the need for special facilities or dedicated operators.
- The Production system is based on a new approach to metal 3D printing—Single Pass Jetting (SPJ). Created by the inventors of the binder jetting and the single pass inkjet processes, Single Pass Jetting builds metal parts in a matter of minutes instead of hours.
Stratasys 3D Printers
Plastic Production Machines for Engineers, Educators, and Medical Professionals. With Stratasys 3D Printing solutions we have enabled Canadian designers and manufacturers to AIM HIGH with solutions for 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing. Some of our most popular Stratasys 3D printers include:
- Stratasys J750 / J735 – The Stratasys J750 3D Printer delivers unrivaled aesthetic performance including true, full-colour capability with texture mapping and colour gradients.
- Stratasys F900 – The Stratasys F900 is the ultimate manufacturing-grade production 3D printer with the widest array of engineering-grade materials, maximum throughput, largest build platform, and highest accuracy.
- Stratasys F123 – The Stratasys F123 series combines powerful FDM technology with design to print GrabCAD software for the most versatile and intelligent solution available.
- Fortus 380mc / 450mc – A workhorse 3D printer for engineers that require demanding flexibility to print larger-sized or many parts in an array of engineering-grade materials with high speed and unfailing throughput.
SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD Software
Speed your design process with industry-leading software. SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD solutions enable you and your team to quickly transform new ideas into great products.
Benefits of SOLIDWORKS Software include:
- Quickly create, validate, communicate, and manage your entire product development process.
- With Heads-up User Interaction, instant 3D Modeling, intuitive display control functions, and customizable shortcut menus, you can keep clicks and mouse travel to a minimum.
- Includes the validation tools you need to ensure that products will meet or exceed performance requirements before you 3D print your prototypes.
Aras Innovator – Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Solution
Aras Innovator® is a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) web-based software solution to support companies that need to manage product development, multi-site manufacturing, supply chain operations and quality compliance. Aras provides a new value proposition to companies of all sizes for managing growing product complexity and fast changing processes.
Aras is different, so you can be different too. By rethinking the way PLM is designed, Aras have taken a fundamentally different approach to both PLM technology and the PLM business model. Aras recognize that every company is unique and constantly changing to grow, improve and compete. Being different is how your company innovates to differentiate itself in the marketplace.
To enable this continuous innovation, Aras focus on delivering a scalable, full-featured PLM suite with industry best practices that is significantly easier to adapt to your company’s changing business practices rather than forcing you to compromise your business to fit the software.
DriveWorks – SOLIDWORKS Automation & Configuration Add-in
DriveWorks software is used for Design Automation and Sales Configuration by companies large and small. Whether you are an engineer that needs Design Automation to automate your SOLIDWORKS models, or a company wanting to provide a Product Configurator for your sales teams, distributors and even customers; DriveWorks software is the ultimate choice for businesses that use SOLIDWORKS.
There are three DriveWorks products – DriveWorksXpress, DriveWorks Solo and DriveWorks Pro. Each product is a SOLIDWORKS Gold Partner Product and DriveWorksXpress is included in every license of SOLIDWORKS. All DriveWorks products are modular and scalable. You can implement DriveWorks and grow your projects at your own pace, adding additional capabilities as you need them.
SOLIDWORKS Training Services
Since 1997 Javelin has been dedicated to providing solutions to our customers to improve their productivity. As Canada’s premier provider of 3D design training; we are committed to helping you reduce your time-to-market, costs, and improve quality.
If taking days away from the office for training is not an option, let us come to you. Receive advanced training paired with customized on-the-job coaching with a Certified SOLIDWORKS Application Engineer.
Our coaching is convenient and perfect for the SOLIDWORKS user who is faced with a specific challenge. We will review your project with you to help find solutions to your needs, coaching can be delivered either on site at your location or live online. Coaching days are scheduled to match your calendar and project deadlines.
SOLIDWORKS Productivity Service
Enhance the CAD skills and capabilities of your team with a SOLIDWORKS Productivity Service from Javelin. You want your team to be well equipped and productive, but investing in developing the skills of your team members may not be your highest priority. Budgeting for a Productivity Service to create a more effective SOLIDWORKS team will be a sound investment and will justify the cost of your software and hardware upgrades.