Browser-based Mold Tooling Design 3DEXPERIENCE Role
3D Mold Creator provides specialized, automated, easy-to-use features for the design of mold core, cavity, and inserts in a browser. Its functionality bridges the gap between plastic part designers and mold makers—sophisticated enough for mold makers yet easy enough to use for plastic and cast part designers and engineers.
All-in-one mold design environment
3D Mold Creator provides dedicated mold tooling design functionality that enables faster, automated and more robust design of mold core, cavity and inserts geometry.
Speed tooling design with automated features and improve the ability of your mold design to survive last-minute changes to the design model. Built on the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE® platform, 3D Mold Creator enables your teams to work concurrently on the same project, while keeping your data safe and accessible from anywhere, at any time, and on the device of your choosing.
Built on the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE® Works platform, 3D Mold Creator stores design data securely in one central location and works seamlessly with the design-to-manufacturing, data management and collaboration solutions on the platform.
SOLIDWORKS 3D Mold Creator Capabilities
Flexible design workflows for plastic part designers
Get your new users up to speed quickly and standardize your mold design process with Learning Assistant.
Guide new users and speed up design for experienced users with built-in mold design workflow intelligence.
Mold specific features
Automatically create parting lines, shutoff surfaces, parting surfaces, and mold splitting, making mold design faster.
Automatic Change Update
Update molds with design part changes automatically to accelerate design changes.
Draft & Undercut Checking
Eliminate mold lockup and ensure proper mold function with Draft and Undercut checking.
Scale for shrinkage
Compensate for plastic shrinkage in the plastic part by scaling your design.
Output mold core, cavity, and insert components quickly and easily for manufacturing and 3D printing.
Work in your browser
Work entirely in a web browser, giving you the freedom to design anytime, anywhere, with no need for installation.
3DEXPERIENCE Platform Features
SOLIDWORKS Mold Creator can take advantage of the following platform capabilities:
Store on the cloud
Store everything in the cloud with a storage solution that understands the relationships between the different files you create.
- Storing and managing your design files on the cloud. 3DEXPERIENCE Social Collaboration Services centralizes all of your cloud file management, simplifies your workflows, and improves productivity by allowing you to view, search, and share all your files, regardless of where they are stored.
- Viewing your business information in one central location, regardless of the size of your company. With 3DEXPERIENCE Social Collaboration Services, you can view the latest world news related to your product or project, see what your team is talking about, present and share your metrics with executives and customers, capture notes, and store them in one location or share them with others.
Collaborate on Ideas
Build communities with 3DSWYM to share and collaborate on ideas and information for any project you are working on.
- Accessing a global community of experts and colleagues to be the best design/engineering professional you can be. With 3DEXPERIENCE Social Collaboration Services you can get answers to difficult engineering challenges, learn new skills, and share your knowledge and expertise with access to global online communities.
- Collaborating and connecting everyone involved in designing your products, and feedback from your customers, partners, and suppliers.
- Training to improve your professional skills with access to hundreds of online tutorials available through 3DEXPERIENCE Social Collaboration Services.
Access Industrial Service Providers
The 3DEXPERIENCE Marketplace provides on-demand capabilities for getting your products from design to manufacturing. It offers services for both manufacturing and intelligent part sourcing capabilities.
- Make - Leverage a worldwide ecosystem of qualified industrial manufacturing service providers and identify the best partner based on your specifications, across all manufacturing processes: 3D Printing, CNC Machining, Injection molding, sheet metal and more.
- Part Supply - Source components directly from your design environment, with the most comprehensive and intelligent online 3D components catalog.
Connect to SOLIDWORKS Desktop
Connect your traditional desktop experience with SOLIDWORKS to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
- Integrated directly into SOLIDWORKS, the 3DEXPERIENCE Desktop Add-in allows you to access all of your information from the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform right from within SOLIDWORKS.
- This workflow allows you to combine the power of SOLIDWORKS to quickly create and edit your engineering designs, with the collaborative features of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe—no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.
SOLIDWORKS Services included
Improve your performance and productivity with Javelin services
With SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service, you have access to extensive help from our SOLIDWORKS experts. Which will enhance your software investment and guide you through development challenges.
- Live Technical Support from our certified support team.
- Remote Support to solve your technical issue right on your machine.
- Regular Communication of software updates and technical tips and tricks.
Upgrades & Resources
Enjoy the latest version of your software and direct access to a comprehensive library of drawings, parts, assemblies, and features contributed by users around the globe.
- Automatic Upgrades to the most Up-to-date Version of your SOLIDWORKS software.
- FREE access to the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal for Macros, Documentation, and the ability to submit Enhancement Requests.
- Full access to the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base for Articles, Tech Tips, and Best Practices.
Online Training & Certification
- SolidProfessor includes 15K+ online tutorial videos.
- FREE access to SOLIDWORKS testing and certification to help you become a Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) or Professional (CSWP).
Working on the Cloud
Learn about the 3DEXPERIENCE Social Collaboration Services