Tackle the tough challenges of designing efficient cooling systems
The HVAC Applications Module extends the functionality of SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation software to provide industry specific tools and methodologies that deliver unrivaled ease of use, power, and productivity for modeling complex heating, ventilation, and cooling systems.
SOLIDWORKS HVAC Module Features
Test & optimize the thermal performance of HVAC systems
The complete HVAC simulation tool
The HVAC Applications Module for SOLIDWORKS® Flow Simulation enables designers and engineers to quickly and accurately model complex systems for thermal and fluid-flow analysis.
The module evaluates air and gas movement in working and living environments, as well as thermal radiation, offering advanced radiation modeling, comfort parameters calculation, analysis of admixture (tracer) in a carrier fluid flow, and an enlarged database of materials and fans:
- Airflow Optimization – Managing airflow within a large-scale environment ensures that the optimum temperature is maintained for the largest number of people.
- Product Thermal Design – The HVAC Applications Module simulates airflow in the environment and products used in the environment so you can now analyze products considering real-world behaviors.
- Human Comfort Factors – The effectiveness of environmental control is measured by eight human comfort factors that evaluate both the reaction of people and the environment.
- Tracer Study – Analyze the flow of an admixture in an existing carrier fluid to evaluate the effectiveness of a ventilation system in removing contaminant.
Industry Specific Tools
Industry-specific tools in the HVAC Applications Module for SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation give engineers dedicated CFd tools for fluid-flow simulation that are easy to use while providing exceptional simulation power:
- Advanced Radiation modeling –Thermal radiation can have a major effect on cooling requirements. Semitransparent materials (defined as absorptive solid material) are commonly used in the lighting industry and the building industry (glass). Understanding the impact of material choices requires sophisticated radiation modeling that’s included in the HVAC Applications Module.
- Comfort parameters – “Predicted mean vote” (PMV) and “Predicted percent dissatisfied” (PPd) are the two main comfort parameters out of eight calculated by the HVAC Applications Module. These parameters identify where there are problems in thermal comfort level, so you can resolve them before the cooling system is built.
- Tracer Study – When an admixture substance (such as a contaminant) diffuses in a carrier fluid, you can evaluate the mass fraction of the substance as well as the local Air Quality index (lAQi) and Contaminant removal Effectiveness (CrE) parameters to determine the effectiveness of the ventilation system.
- Engineering database – An enhanced engineering database includes a wide range of building materials and fans so you can do thermal analysis quickly and efficiently.
SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation also includes:
Understand and evaluate thermal comfort levels for multiple environments using thermal comfort factor analysis with SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation and the HVAC Application Module.
Fluid Flow Analysis
Determine the impact of a liquid or gas on product performance during the design phase using CAD-embedded SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation. Fluid Flow analysis can provide meaningful insight into the impact of fluid flow, so you can address problems early, reduce the need for costly prototypes, and eliminate rework.
CFD simulates fluid (gas in this instance) passing through or around an object. The analysis can be very complex—for example, containing in one calculation heat transfer, mixing, and unsteady and compressible flows.
"Javelin’s quick response time, sales and technical support are all very good. We implemented SOLIDWORKS in 1998 and to date, remain a satisfied customer"
Brad Toole, Engineering Manager
Breaker Technology Ltd.
"The time we save using SOLIDWORKS and doing our own 3D printing helps us validate designs quickly to meet demanding project deadlines"
Ron Ryan, Fabrication Group Manager
"SOLIDWORKS has definitely brought something different to the Solar Industry. Our U.S. counterparts use 2D, but they will be switching to 3D soon"
Chris White, Design & Technical Manager
“Javelin is an easily accessible reseller who is supportive, knowledgeable and professional. Keep up the Gold Standard level of service.”
Michael Fernando, Tool & Die Designer
Theta Industries Inc.
“SOLIDWORKS is now the de facto standard and Javelin is one of the best SOLIDWORKS resellers. How can you go wrong with a de facto standard on both the reseller and the software?”
John Leavitt, Owner
“Javelin staff and technical support are excellent. They are knowledgeable, helpful and thorough. Technical questions are always answered; either immediately or in a timely manner.”
Christa Carey, Technical Support Manager
“We rely heavily on our software to keep us profitable, and Javelin is always in the background keeping ProVantage running.”
Peter Graham, Engineering Manager
"Javelin does far more than sell software and 3D printers. They provide team support and resources, when there were technical challenges, Javelin stepped up and made it right."
Timm Williams, Partner
"Evolve Design Solutions appreciates the excellent customer service, product knowledge and technical support provided by Javelin, our SOLIDWORKS Value Added Reseller (VAR).”
Aldo Balatti, Principal
Evolve Design Solutions
“Javelin offers the complete package; good products, good service and value for what you need. They’re a great bunch of people who are always willing to help you out.”
Mark McCumber, Senior Designer
F-B Tool & Die Limited
"As far as Javelin goes, they’re really nice guys. Excellent technical support is provided by a consistent group of people. Reasonable, low pressure sales support is also appreciated."
Mike McGuire, President
"I’ve been a believer in SOLIDWORKS PDM since day one because it’s been effective since day one"
Ray Minato, President
Inertia Engineering + Design
"Javelin seems to make an extra effort to ensure that the software’s capabilities are being maximized to benefit the customer.”
Darryl Turrie, Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited
"Javelin employees are friendly, knowledgeable and quick to respond with effective solutions, and ZEC Wind Power is very pleased to be affiliated with this company."
Michelle El-Hage, Designer
ZEC Wind Power
SOLIDWORKS Services included
Improve your performance and productivity with Javelin services
With SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service, you have access to extensive help from our SOLIDWORKS experts. Which will enhance your software investment and guide you through development challenges.
- Live Technical Support from our certified support team.
- Remote Support to solve your technical issue right on your machine.
- Regular Communication of software updates and technical tips and tricks.
Upgrades & Resources
Enjoy the latest version of your software and direct access to a comprehensive library of drawings, parts, assemblies, and features contributed by users around the globe.
- Automatic Upgrades to the most Up-to-date Version of your SOLIDWORKS software.
- FREE access to the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal for Macros, Documentation, and the ability to submit Enhancement Requests.
- Full access to the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base for Articles, Tech Tips, and Best Practices.
Online Training & Certification
A MySolidWorks online account is included with your subscription service where you can get answers, stay current, and sharpen your design skills with online training:
- MySolidWorks Standard Account includes 600+ online tutorial videos.
- FREE access to SOLIDWORKS testing and certification to help you become a Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) or Professional (CSWP).
Find out the Cost
Get Canadian pricing for SOLIDWORKS software