Get Premium Simulation Tools
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium includes all of the capabilities of SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional, plus additional features like composite materials and powerful analysis tools for simulating nonlinear and dynamic response.
Analyze your design in the nonlinear world
Nonlinear stress analysis calculates the stresses and deformations of products under the most general loading and material conditions for dynamic (time dependent) loads, large component deformations, and nonlinear materials, such as rubber or metals, beyond their yield point:
- Easily transition between linear and nonlinear simulations for comprehensive evaluation.
- Examine deformations caused by overloads, contact (including self-contact), and flexible materials.
- Determine residual stresses and permanent deformations in metals after material yield.
- Study nonlinear buckling and snap-through events.
- Investigate designs with hyperelastic materials, such as rubbers, silicones and other elastomers.
- Conduct an elasto-plastic analysis to study plastic deformation and the onset of yield.
- Examine creep effects and material changes with temperature.
- Test the performance of your molded plastic part taking into account in-mold residual stresses and temperature with SOLIDWORKS Plastics.
Perform dynamic analyses of parts and assemblies
Dynamic analysis using SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium enables designers and engineers to quickly and efficiently determine the impact of time varying loads on the structural response of their product design to ensure performance, quality, and safety.
Dynamic analysis can incorporate frequency, impact, and drop tests. The primary unknown in a dynamic analysis is component displacement over time, but with this calculated, stresses, velocities, and accelerations can also be determined together with the natural modes of vibration:
- Simulate time history, steady-state harmonic, response spectrum, and random vibration excitations.
- Study stress, displacement, velocity, and acceleration variations with time, as well as RMS and PSD values.
- Carry out impact analysis using nonlinear dynamic capabilities.
- Determine the durability of a product submitted to vibrations with fatigue analysis.
Simulate composite materials
Quickly understand complex component responses with analysis of composite parts using SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium. You can then optimize material selection and the number and orientation of the composite ply layup to ensure product quality, performance, and factor of safety (FoS).
Easily analyze symmetrical and unsymmetrical composite layups, as well as composite sandwiches. Each layer can be defined by a unique set of material properties and orientation, giving the designer maximum control to find the optimum layup and material for maximum product performance.
- Study multilayer composite components to examine the effects of layer material, thickness, and orientation on product performance.
- Use the revolutionary user interface to dynamically control and display ply orientation.
- Determine the correct composite lay-up and orientation for operational loads
Offloaded Simulation allows you to solve your SOLIDWORKS Studies on another computer
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium 2017 introduces SOLIDWORKS Offloaded Simulation where you can solve a study on another computer to free up resources on your machine for parallel tasks.
The equation solving tasks (not meshing) are run on another computer connected on the same network domain. Solving tasks are run purely on the second computer and not shared between computers (i.e. not cluster computing). But this allows you to continue working on your machine without using resources for solving.
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Benefits
Get products to market faster with less physical prototyping
Boost product innovation
Grow market share and differentiate through groundbreaking product design.
Empower the engineering team with intuitive, powerful 3D simulation tools to compare design scenarios and new ideas to bring innovative products to market.
Decrease development costs
Reduce the need for costly prototyping by integrating virtual testing early in product development.
Reduce outsourcing costs by testing performance and functionality internally.
Improve product efficency
Improve product performance, such as lower pressure drop and increased horsepower.
Optimize assembly performance by verifying part and mold designs in the earliest stages of development.
"Javelin’s quick response time, sales and technical support are all very good. We implemented SOLIDWORKS in 1998 and to date, remain a satisfied customer"
Brad Toole, Engineering Manager
Breaker Technology Ltd.
"The time we save using SOLIDWORKS and doing our own 3D printing helps us validate designs quickly to meet demanding project deadlines"
Ron Ryan, Fabrication Group Manager
"SOLIDWORKS has definitely brought something different to the Solar Industry. Our U.S. counterparts use 2D, but they will be switching to 3D soon"
Chris White, Design & Technical Manager
“Javelin is an easily accessible reseller who is supportive, knowledgeable and professional. Keep up the Gold Standard level of service.”
Michael Fernando, Tool & Die Designer
Theta Industries Inc.
“SOLIDWORKS is now the de facto standard and Javelin is one of the best SOLIDWORKS resellers. How can you go wrong with a de facto standard on both the reseller and the software?”
John Leavitt, Owner
“Javelin staff and technical support are excellent. They are knowledgeable, helpful and thorough. Technical questions are always answered; either immediately or in a timely manner.”
Christa Carey, Technical Support Manager
“We rely heavily on our software to keep us profitable, and Javelin is always in the background keeping ProVantage running.”
Peter Graham, Engineering Manager
"Javelin does far more than sell software and 3D printers. They provide team support and resources, when there were technical challenges, Javelin stepped up and made it right."
Timm Williams, Partner
"Evolve Design Solutions appreciates the excellent customer service, product knowledge and technical support provided by Javelin, our SOLIDWORKS Value Added Reseller (VAR).”
Aldo Balatti, Principal
Evolve Design Solutions
“Javelin offers the complete package; good products, good service and value for what you need. They’re a great bunch of people who are always willing to help you out.”
Mark McCumber, Senior Designer
F-B Tool & Die Limited
"As far as Javelin goes, they’re really nice guys. Excellent technical support is provided by a consistent group of people. Reasonable, low pressure sales support is also appreciated."
Mike McGuire, President
"I’ve been a believer in SOLIDWORKS PDM since day one because it’s been effective since day one"
Ray Minato, President
Inertia Engineering + Design
"Javelin seems to make an extra effort to ensure that the software’s capabilities are being maximized to benefit the customer.”
Darryl Turrie, Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited
"Javelin employees are friendly, knowledgeable and quick to respond with effective solutions, and ZEC Wind Power is very pleased to be affiliated with this company."
Michelle El-Hage, Designer
ZEC Wind Power
SOLIDWORKS Services included
Improve your performance and productivity with Javelin services
With SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service, you have access to extensive help from our SOLIDWORKS experts. Which will enhance your software investment and guide you through development challenges.
- Live Technical Support from our certified support team.
- Remote Support to solve your technical issue right on your machine.
- Regular Communication of software updates and technical tips and tricks.
Upgrades & Resources
Enjoy the latest version of your software and direct access to a comprehensive library of drawings, parts, assemblies, and features contributed by users around the globe.
- Automatic Upgrades to the most Up-to-date Version of your SOLIDWORKS software.
- FREE access to the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal for Macros, Documentation, and the ability to submit Enhancement Requests.
- Full access to the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base for Articles, Tech Tips, and Best Practices.
Online Training & Certification
A MySolidWorks online account is included with your subscription service where you can get answers, stay current, and sharpen your design skills with online training:
- MySolidWorks Standard Account includes 600+ online tutorial videos.
- FREE access to SOLIDWORKS testing and certification to help you become a Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) or Professional (CSWP).
Find out the Cost
Get Canadian pricing for SOLIDWORKS software