What is SOLIDWORKS Sustainability?
SOLIDWORKS Sustainability provides actionable environmental results by measuring the environmental impacts of individual designs across the product life cycle—including the effects of material, manufacturing, assembly, and transportation
Understand the ecological impact of your design
Using industry-standard life cycle assessment (LCA) criteria, the software generates instantaneous feedback at a fraction of the time and cost of a typical assessment.
In addition to helping you reduce production costs and develop greener products, environmental assessment can lower the total cost of ownership (TCO) of your products by evaluating potential transportation, usage, and disposal effects.
SOLIDWORKS Sustainability helps the design community better understand the ecological impact of its work and make more environmentally friendly design choices.
Life Cycle Assessment
From raw material extraction and manufacturing to product use and disposal, SOLIDWORKS® Sustainability shows designers how the choices they make can change the overall environmental impact of any product they create.
Become an even more successful design professional
By using SOLIDWORKS Sustainability, you will demonstrate to your managers, coworkers, and customers that you are a forward-thinking, environmentally conscious designer. Your custom Life Cycle Assessment reports will show exactly how you’ve improved your designs — information that could be valuable to your colleagues in sales and marketing, as well.
Get instant design feedback
With SOLIDWORKS Sustainability, you don’t have to wait around for data to come back or tests to be run. You’ll instantly see the environmental impact of your designs as variables change. This allows you to evaluate changes more quickly and more easily understand the environmental impact of your design choices — all on a real-time basis.
Sustainable design is now a reality — and a competitive advantage
Sustainable design is no longer something that is nice in theory but impractical in practice. From here on out, making more environmentally responsible products will be a built-in part of your design process.
SOLIDWORKS Sustainability Features
Simplify document creation to help streamline part inspection and improve quality
Manufacturing Cost Reductions
Reduce manufacturing costs related to material and energy usage by conducting environmental impacts assessments.
- Track environmental progress as you work to lightweight your products. Redesigning the geometry for equivalent strength with less material or choosing a material that requires less energy for production can carve costs out of your process. SOLIDWORKS Sustainability factors the cost of extracting and processing raw materials into your material purchasing costs, enabling you to save money while improving the sustainability of designs.
- Environmental impacts assessment goes beyond material impacts and evaluates additional manufacturing and assembly inputs, such as electrical energy consumption, heat energy usage, and material scrap rates. View industry averages for these manufacturing impacts or input your own custom manufacturing data to assess the environmental impacts and potential cost reductions associated with designing your product for cleaner manufacturing.
- Reduce the costs of distribution and transportation of materials—as well as the expenses incurred by customers—by using SOLIDWORKS Sustainability to examine various multimodal shipping options.
Lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
Increase customer satisfaction by using environmental impacts assessment to reduce the costs related to the purchase of your products.
- Take steps to reduce customer energy use (and related maintenance expenses) by using SOLIDWORKS Sustainability to determine the energy your product consumes. Your cost estimates can point the way toward savings.
- Disposal or tipping fees at the end of product life add costs to your products. Assess end-of-life impacts—and work toward reducing them—by using environmentally benign and recyclable materials. Model environmental impacts across various design lifetimes and usage durations, demonstrating ways to lessen impacts, and cut energy costs by extending your product’s lifespan.
Automatic Environmental Reports
Communicate the environmental impacts of your products to coworkers, partners, and customers with SOLIDWORKS Sustainability automatic reporting capability.
- Instantly generate reports that show the environmental impacts of your designs and demonstrate the verifiable steps taken to minimize environmental impacts for your customers.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of your product design by showing its sustainability profile, design alternatives comparison, and the impact breakdown of complex assemblies .
Share Sustainability Data
Publish and share valid data on the success of your sustainable design practices.
- Share a professional-quality Sustainability Report with environmentally minded customers including your company branding and a glossary of environmental terms.
- Automatically share the environmental metrics of your designs with your suppliers and customers by embedding SOLIDWORKS Sustainability data directly into your CAD files.
Accurate and Reliable Environmental Data
SOLIDWORKS Sustainability results are accurate, reliable, and credible.
- Sustainability reports use peer-reviewed, industry-standard life cycle assessment (LCA) methodology .
- SOLIDWORKS Sustainability software utilizes data and models from the industry-leading GaBi Environmental Database from PE INTERNATIONAL, which can be automatically updated from within SOLIDWORKS software.
SOLIDWORKS Sustainability Benefits
Incorporate sustainability into your product design
With a clear view into sustainability, you can improve your designs, reduce costs, and create differentiation for your products.
Now you can target “green” marketing opportunities by rethinking existing designs and exploring new ones, to create next-generation, environmentally friendly products for any industry.
Apply life cycle assessment early in the design process
Traditionally available only in the final stages of product development, SOLIDWORKS Sustainability now brings screening-level LCA to the design phase, when you can easily make adjustments to create more sustainable designs.
Now you can quickly create more sustainable design options that require fewer materials, produce less waste, and use less energy while you meet your product performance criteria.
Work seamlessly in the design environment
As an integrated part of the SOLIDWORKS product development solution, SOLIDWORKS Sustainability makes environmental assessment an effortless and natural part of your workflow.
You get robust environmental results, clearly displayed in a real-time graphical dashboard. Sustainability data is automatically stored as part of the model file, so you can easily share it with others.
"Javelin’s quick response time, sales and technical support are all very good. We implemented SOLIDWORKS in 1998 and to date, remain a satisfied customer"
Brad Toole, Engineering Manager
Breaker Technology Ltd.
"The time we save using SOLIDWORKS and doing our own 3D printing helps us validate designs quickly to meet demanding project deadlines"
Ron Ryan, Fabrication Group Manager
"SOLIDWORKS has definitely brought something different to the Solar Industry. Our U.S. counterparts use 2D, but they will be switching to 3D soon"
Chris White, Design & Technical Manager
“Javelin is an easily accessible reseller who is supportive, knowledgeable and professional. Keep up the Gold Standard level of service.”
Michael Fernando, Tool & Die Designer
Theta Industries Inc.
“SOLIDWORKS is now the de facto standard and Javelin is one of the best SOLIDWORKS resellers. How can you go wrong with a de facto standard on both the reseller and the software?”
John Leavitt, Owner
“Javelin staff and technical support are excellent. They are knowledgeable, helpful and thorough. Technical questions are always answered; either immediately or in a timely manner.”
Christa Carey, Technical Support Manager
“We rely heavily on our software to keep us profitable, and Javelin is always in the background keeping ProVantage running.”
Peter Graham, Engineering Manager
"Javelin does far more than sell software and 3D printers. They provide team support and resources, when there were technical challenges, Javelin stepped up and made it right."
Timm Williams, Partner
"Evolve Design Solutions appreciates the excellent customer service, product knowledge and technical support provided by Javelin, our SOLIDWORKS Value Added Reseller (VAR).”
Aldo Balatti, Principal
Evolve Design Solutions
“Javelin offers the complete package; good products, good service and value for what you need. They’re a great bunch of people who are always willing to help you out.”
Mark McCumber, Senior Designer
F-B Tool & Die Limited
"As far as Javelin goes, they’re really nice guys. Excellent technical support is provided by a consistent group of people. Reasonable, low pressure sales support is also appreciated."
Mike McGuire, President
"I’ve been a believer in SOLIDWORKS PDM since day one because it’s been effective since day one"
Ray Minato, President
Inertia Engineering + Design
"Javelin seems to make an extra effort to ensure that the software’s capabilities are being maximized to benefit the customer.”
Darryl Turrie, Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited
"Javelin employees are friendly, knowledgeable and quick to respond with effective solutions, and ZEC Wind Power is very pleased to be affiliated with this company."
Michelle El-Hage, Designer
ZEC Wind Power
SOLIDWORKS Services included
Improve your performance and productivity with Javelin services
With SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service, you have access to extensive help from our SOLIDWORKS experts. Which will enhance your software investment and guide you through development challenges.
- Live Technical Support from our certified support team.
- Remote Support to solve your technical issue right on your machine.
- Regular Communication of software updates and technical tips and tricks.
Upgrades & Resources
Enjoy the latest version of your software and direct access to a comprehensive library of drawings, parts, assemblies, and features contributed by users around the globe.
- Automatic Upgrades to the most Up-to-date Version of your SOLIDWORKS software.
- FREE access to the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal for Macros, Documentation, and the ability to submit Enhancement Requests.
- Full access to the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base for Articles, Tech Tips, and Best Practices.
Online Training & Certification
- SolidProfessor includes 15K+ online tutorial videos.
- FREE access to SOLIDWORKS testing and certification to help you become a Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) or Professional (CSWP).
Find out the Cost
Get Canadian pricing for SOLIDWORKS software