Extend SOLIDWORKS Simulation with a tightly integrated, cloud-based solution and solve complex linear and non-linear problems. Built on the cloud-based Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, Structural Mechanics Engineer can run simulations on both local machine or the cloud.
Structural Mechanics Engineer with Abaqus
Design Simulation for SOLIDWORKS Users powered by proven world-class Abaqus Realistic Simulation technology in a seamless, intuitive, and modern user interface within the 3DEXPERIENCE® platform.
Cloud-based simulation software
Structural Mechanics Engineer on the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE® platform enables you to conduct structural linear and non-linear static, low and high-speed dynamic and thermal simulation of product behavior. Its material calibration capabilities help ensure accurate material behavior modeling. The platform lets your engineering teams collaborate in real time and securely share simulation results from anywhere and on any device.
Combined with SOLIDWORKS Simulation, Structural Mechanics Engineer delivers a unique, easy and integrated workflow to solve more advanced problems while allowing customers to reuse their SOLIDWORKS geometry, loads, restraints and materials.
You can run simulations on both your local machine or in the cloud. Leverage the growing suite of apps available on the platform aiming to help you with all facets of creating innovative, successful products.
Understanding product performance under extreme loading and deformation requires a robust non-linear solution. Structural Mechanics Engineer enables analysts to tackle the most challenging of static non-linear problems
Provide a Robust Engineering Workflow Fully Associative with SOLIDWORKS® 3D CAD
- Connecting SOLIDWORKS® 3D CAD to the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE platform enables your team to save and manage your SOLIDWORKS geometry on the platform directly from SOLIDWORKS and share it through a browser.
- Once on the platform, you can easily test SOLIDWORKS geometries with Structural Mechanics Engineer relying on full simulation associativity for best-in-class designs simulation workflows.
- Enable traceable revisions of what-if scenarios for efficient engineering workflows.
Solve Complex Engineering Problems
- Enable your engineering team to conduct a large variety of analysis procedures (linear and nonlinear static, nonlinear implicit and explicit dynamic, frequency, thermal, and more) to ensure validation accuracy and robustness.
- Use implicit and explicit methods to cover a very wide range of structural simulation applications such as drop tests, impacts, crash, snap fits, gasket compression and pre-loaded bolted assemblies.
- Efficiently handle large displacements, large rotations and large strain, improving simulation accuracy. Simulate multiple and sequential load cases to represent exactly the real loading conditions.
Offer a Productive Meshing and Modeling Environment
- Use reliable contact detection capability to ensure accurate interactions prediction even on large models.
- Enable users to simulate any type of geometry with reliable meshing tools (beam, shell, or solid including tetrahedron and brick elements) and improve pre-processing efficiency.
- Use the large material models library to define the right behavior (including non-linear behavior such as hyper-elasticity or plasticity) and ensure simulation fidelity.
- Standardize and democratize your simulation workflows enabling experts to easily customize the user interface and guide non-experts or first-time users through the simulation workflow.
3DEXPERIENCE Works Simulation Product Matrix
Save SOLIDWORKS data on the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE® platform directly from SOLIDWORKS
|Full Design Associativity
Enable efficient what-if scenarios that update your simulation model for any change made with a CAD application connected to the platform
Follow an interactive wizard to set up, run and review results of simulation
|Physics Methods Reuse
Customize the User Assistant to streamline the setup and solving of complex simulations
|Platform||Data Access and Management
Access the latest product design information from a single, centralized, secure location on the cloud
Collaborate in real time, exchange ideas and manage tasks across disciplines on the cloud
|Lightweight Results Review
Review and share simulation results in real time on the cloud
|Solver||Abaqus Implicit Solver
Solve static problems such as gasket compression and pre-loaded bolts
|Abaqus Implicit Dynamic Solver
Solve quasi-static problems such as snap fits
|Abaqus Explicit Solver
Solve nonlinear dynamic problems such as drop test and impact
|Scenario||Linear Static Analysis
Run linear static, thermal (steady-state), frequency, and linear buckling studies
|Linear Dynamic Analysis
Run modal transient, and model harmonic studies
|Nonlinear Static Analysis
Run nonlinear static, thermal (transient) and visco/creep studies
|Nonlinear Dynamic Analysis
Run nonlinear dynamic, nonlinear buckling, random vibrations, complex frequency, and sub-modeling studies
|Sequential Multi-Step Simulations
Set-up automatic sequential loading in one simulation
|Abaqus General Contact
Automatically set up component contact
Set up modeling of multiple components in an assembly
|Adaptive Solid Meshing
Automatically refine meshes for higher accuracy where needed
|Comprehensive Meshing Capabilities
Create high-quality meshes for solids, shells, and beams
Set meshing size and specifications (holes, fillets) for automatic high-quality mesh creation
|Geometry Preparation & Simplification
Automatically remove undesired geometry (holes, fillets, logos), extract mid-surface, and partition geometry for hex meshing
Explore a wide range of materials with the following properties: hyper-elasticity, plastic or permanent deformation, creep deformation, viscoelasticity
Use test data to calibrate model behavior
|Results||Basic Post-Processing Tools
Generate report, contour/vector/iso-surface plots
|Advanced Post-Processing Tools
Create XY plots (field, history), path plots, view cuts
Create stunning visuals coupling material rendering with simulation results
Accelerate the visualization of results even on large models
Run simulations on user’s local computer
Run simulations remotely on the cloud
+ Additional Role Required
Structural Mechanics Engineer Benefits
Assess structural integrity of products with powerful FEA simulation
Empower Engineers with Intuitive and Comprehensive Results Investigation Experience
- Enable high-performance results visualization, particularly for very large models including realistic rendering
- Facilitate collaborative decision making across the organization using online dashboards to review, compare, and perform tradeoffs between design alternatives
- Run simulation computations on multiple cores either on a local computer or remotely on the cloud* to free up local machines for other work
* Might require additional roles.
Capabilities of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform for Structural Mechanics Engineers
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform enables your organization to efficiently manage all facets of your product development process while reducing infrastructure costs, IT overhead, software maintenance and complexity. Your teams can take advantage of the following platform capabilities:
- Securely view, share, annotate, discuss and manage designs and simulation data from anywhere, at any time and on any device with a web browser
- Collaborate with all internal and external team members through cloud-based dashboards, messaging, activity streams, communities and drag-and-drop task management
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe—no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.
"Javelin’s quick response time, sales and technical support are all very good. We implemented SOLIDWORKS in 1998 and to date, remain a satisfied customer"
Brad Toole, Engineering Manager
Breaker Technology Ltd.
"The time we save using SOLIDWORKS and doing our own 3D printing helps us validate designs quickly to meet demanding project deadlines"
Ron Ryan, Fabrication Group Manager
"SOLIDWORKS has definitely brought something different to the Solar Industry. Our U.S. counterparts use 2D, but they will be switching to 3D soon"
Chris White, Design & Technical Manager
“Javelin is an easily accessible reseller who is supportive, knowledgeable and professional. Keep up the Gold Standard level of service.”
Michael Fernando, Tool & Die Designer
Theta Industries Inc.
“SOLIDWORKS is now the de facto standard and Javelin is one of the best SOLIDWORKS resellers. How can you go wrong with a de facto standard on both the reseller and the software?”
John Leavitt, Owner
“Javelin staff and technical support are excellent. They are knowledgeable, helpful and thorough. Technical questions are always answered; either immediately or in a timely manner.”
Christa Carey, Technical Support Manager
“We rely heavily on our software to keep us profitable, and Javelin is always in the background keeping ProVantage running.”
Peter Graham, Engineering Manager
"Javelin does far more than sell software and 3D printers. They provide team support and resources, when there were technical challenges, Javelin stepped up and made it right."
Timm Williams, Partner
"Evolve Design Solutions appreciates the excellent customer service, product knowledge and technical support provided by Javelin, our SOLIDWORKS Value Added Reseller (VAR).”
Aldo Balatti, Principal
Evolve Design Solutions
“Javelin offers the complete package; good products, good service and value for what you need. They’re a great bunch of people who are always willing to help you out.”
Mark McCumber, Senior Designer
F-B Tool & Die Limited
"As far as Javelin goes, they’re really nice guys. Excellent technical support is provided by a consistent group of people. Reasonable, low pressure sales support is also appreciated."
Mike McGuire, President
"I’ve been a believer in SOLIDWORKS PDM since day one because it’s been effective since day one"
Ray Minato, President
Inertia Engineering + Design
"Javelin seems to make an extra effort to ensure that the software’s capabilities are being maximized to benefit the customer.”
Darryl Turrie, Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited
"Javelin employees are friendly, knowledgeable and quick to respond with effective solutions, and ZEC Wind Power is very pleased to be affiliated with this company."
Michelle El-Hage, Designer
ZEC Wind Power
SOLIDWORKS Services included
Improve your performance and productivity with Javelin services
With SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service, you have access to extensive help from our SOLIDWORKS experts. Which will enhance your software investment and guide you through development challenges.
- Live Technical Support from our certified support team.
- Remote Support to solve your technical issue right on your machine.
- Regular Communication of software updates and technical tips and tricks.
Upgrades & Resources
Enjoy the latest version of your software and direct access to a comprehensive library of drawings, parts, assemblies, and features contributed by users around the globe.
- Automatic Upgrades to the most Up-to-date Version of your SOLIDWORKS software.
- FREE access to the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal for Macros, Documentation, and the ability to submit Enhancement Requests.
- Full access to the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base for Articles, Tech Tips, and Best Practices.
Online Training & Certification
A MySolidWorks online account is included with your subscription service where you can get answers, stay current, and sharpen your design skills with online training:
- MySolidWorks Standard Account includes 600+ online tutorial videos.
- FREE access to SOLIDWORKS testing and certification to help you become a Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) or Professional (CSWP).
Working on the Cloud
Learn about the 3DEXPERIENCE Social Collaboration Services