With TolAnalyst, included with SOLIDWORKS Premium software, you’ll be able to quickly verify dimensioning and tolerancing schemes to ensure proper fit and function. TolAnalyst GD&T data is read directly from the SOLIDWORKS models.
TolAnalyst eliminates the need for hand calculations and manual entry of dimensions and tolerances.
Maximum/minimum worst-case and RSS results are calculated and a “contributors” list is output to let you know which features and tolerances have the greatest impact on the stack-up. In this way you can loosen tolerances on dimensions that are not important to the stack-up, thereby reducing manufacturing costs.
- Significantly reduces prototyping typically required to test for assembly fit and function and even reveals “worst-case” issues you would not normally find with physical prototyping
- Decreases manufacturing costs by verifying tolerance schemes – allows looser tolerances and less expensive manufacturing techniques where tight tolerances are not needed
- Eliminates the need for hand calculations which can be time consuming and error-prone – TolAnalyst contains a tolerance stack-up analysis engine
- Eliminates the need for manual data entry into a program or spreadsheet because TolAnalyst is seamlessly integrated with DimXpert and automatically extracts DimXpert dimensions and tolerances that are necessary for the stack-up calculation
- Provides graphical and text-based feedback as to which features and tolerances most greatly affect the critical dimension being evaluated – easier for the designer to figure out what tolerances and/or features needs to be modified
- Fast tolerance stack-up calculations, combined with the fact that no manual data entry is required, allows designers to quickly iterate stack-up analyses in order to optimize assembly fit and function
- Solves minimum/maximum “worst-case” tolerance stack-up with respect to position of components in the assembly, not by just merely rebuilding parts at their maximum or minimum tolerances
Key Capabilities of TolAnalyst
- Fast tolerance stack-up calculation of maximum and minimum “worst-case” and RSS for parts and assemblies
- Intuitive and easy-to-use
- Ability to create and display critical study dimensions directly on the 3D model
- Automatic extraction of dimensions and tolerances necessary for the analysis directly from the 3D models
- Automatic calculation and display of a contributors list of features and tolerances based on percent impact on the critical evaluation dimensions
- Graphic display of maximum and minimum condition in the 3D model
- Quickly evaluate different tolerance schemes
- Seamlessly integrated with SOLIDWORKS DimXpert – automated part dimensioning and tolerancing
- Ability to export all analysis results in Excel
The TolAnalyst Add-in is part of the SOLIDWORKS Premium software bundle from Javelin.
SOLIDWORKS Premium software gives you powerful, easy-to-use functionality that automates tasks, streamlines workflows, and helps you quickly define and validate the form, fit, and function of your design. Part of the SOLIDWORKS product development solution.
Includes tools for design, simulation, sustainability, communication and data management—SOLIDWORKS Premium empowers innovative design with specific tools that help you work more efficiently so you can make better design decisions.
Related resources for this add-in:
Interested in the TolAnalyst Add-in?
Call us free at 1-877-219-6757 and get your questions answered