Training Course Contents
The Administering SOLIDWORKS Manage course teaches system administrators the basics of how to get started in this expansive software. Topics include basic setup, routine maintenance, connecting to PDM, Document and Record objects, Users and Groups, various field types, and the Web Client.
This course is designed for anyone getting started with SOLIDWORKS Manage, or anyone who needs a refresher on how to get started.
NOTE: SOLIDWORKS Manage projects, processes, reports and dashboards are not included in this course, and are delivered via our professional consulting service tailored to your environment.
Course Info at a glance
Requirements & Benefits
Skills you will acquire
Administering SOLIDWORKS Manage Lessons
This course will concentrate on the following topics:
Lesson 1: System Options
- Planning for SOLIDWORKS Manage
- System Architecture
- SQL Server
- Firewall Ports
- Configuration File
- Case Study: Connecting to SOLIDWORKS Manage
- SOLIDWORKS Manage Client
- Administration Options
- Essential Administrative Options
- Company Details
- Case Study: System Options
- General Options
- Numbering Schemes
- Case Study: Numbering Schemes
- Numbering Scheme Items
- Split AutoNumber
Lesson 2: Connecting to SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional
- Record Object Types
- Requirements for Connecting
- Case Study: Installing the Add-In
- Creating a PDM Object
- Case Study: Connecting to a Vault
- Property Tabs
- Access Rights
Lesson 3: Document and Record Object Types
- Record Object
- Case Study: Record Object
- Non-Revision Controlled
- Case Study: Consumables
- Document Object
- Document Object versus PDM Object
- File Names
- Case Study: Standards
- Local Cache
- File Status
- Server Archives
- File Templates
- Case Study: File Templates
- Template Permissions
Lesson 4: Fields and Field Groups
- Types of Fields
- Case Study: Fields
- Organizing Fields
- Field Groups
- Case Study: Field Groups
- Alternative Method
- Numbering by Field Group
- Case Study: Leveraging Fields and Field Groups
- Sorting Records
- Default Values by Field Group
- Global Variables
- Case Study: Global Variables
- Building Equations
Lesson 5: Users and Groups
- Importing Users
- Importing from Active Directory
- Case Study: Creating and Importing Users
- Users Receiving Passwords
- Resetting Passwords
- Importing Users from Text File
- Partial Administrators
- Special Permissions
- Case Study: Groups
- Group Membership and Permissions
- Removing Permissions
Lesson 6: Bills of Materials
- Bills of Materials
- Case Study: Edit Existing BOM
- BOM Fields
- Creating Bills of Materials
- Case Study: Creating a new BOM
- View Options
- The Type Field
- Importing BOM from Excel
- Formatting Spreadsheet
Lesson 7: Backup, Restore, and Upgrade
- Backing Up
- Backing Up the Root Folder
- Backup Locations
- Locating the Root Folder
- Case Study: Backup
- Backing Up the Database
- Backups and the Transaction Log
- Maintenance Plans
- Other Maintenance Tasks
- Restoring the Environment
- Before Restoring
- Restore Procedure
- Upgrading SOLIDWORKS Manage
- Database Compatibility
- Stand Alone Administration Tool
- Case Study: Current Versions
Lesson 8: The Web Interface
- The Web Interface
- Using the Web Interface
- Case Study: The Web Interface
- Web Interface and PDM Objects
- Logging in with PDM Users
"Thanks very much for the great training received this week, you are a true wizard at PDM, we learned a tremendous amount of information and how powerful a tool PDM can be for a company like ours. We look forward to the final steps when we implement this later this month."
— Chris White, Mechanical Designer, Quickmill Inc.
Choose from three different training methods available to you
Receive SOLIDWORKS training as a group in a traditional classroom environment.
Classes can be taken in one of our 12 training locations across Canada using SOLIDWORKS approved training content and methodologies.
- Cost effective training method.
- Leave the office to concentrate on learning.
- Learn more through group questions and feedback.
Live Online Training
With our online training you will experience an interactive learning environment where you can give feedback, gain access to the SOLIDWORKS training files and get time to work on training exercises.
- Online courses are typically half day sessions.
- More effective than video based training, with recorded videos learners are often not as focused on the training and skip exercises.
Onsite at your location
Receive training at your place of work. This style of flexible training is perfect for teams or individuals who are faced with a specific challenge and require personalized courses with on-the-job coaching.
- Use our state-of-the-art mobile classroom at your facility.
- Bring your team up to a consistent level of knowledge by having them take the same training at the same time.
- Benefit from flexible scheduling options.
Choose a Administering SOLIDWORKS Manage class from the list below
Get Custom Training
Contact us to learn how the Administering SOLIDWORKS Manage course can be included in custom training for your business