What is SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional?
SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional, powered by Microsoft SQL Server Standard extends the capabilities of SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard to allow your entire enterprise to easily share data and collaborate on designs.
Designed for the Enterprise
By leveraging a secure vault, you can extend the access to your 3D design environment and associated files, for all participants from engineering through manufacturing.
This enables everyone involved in your projects to share information and collaborate on designs, while automatically protecting your intellectual property with the automated version and revision control systems.
Bring your design data under control and improve the way your teams manage and collaborate on product development.
Export bill of materials (BOM) information for use in downstream applications and systems.
With the SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional system, you can use easy-to-configure templates to pull together all necessary product structure information and automate BOM information preparation.
Support collaboration among design groups by replicating your data vault to multiple sites.
Connect with an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) or MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning) application, synchronize and improve the effectiveness of your business systems.
Significantly reduce the time needed to complete your design approval and engineering change order (ECO) processes with automated workflow.
Notifications- Email (SMTP)
Get process and workflow notifications sent via email rather than just internal messages.
Increase productivity with customized menus and personal preferences.
Neutral File Formats
Save time and effort communicating with internal departments, customers, and external suppliers by configuring the system to automatically create neutral file formats.
The ability for PDM administrators to monitor in-process tasks, including neutral file creation, and confirm the results of completed tasks.
Manage All Files
Manage, view, and print documents from more than 250 file types, including major CAD formats, Microsoft® Office, images, and animations.
Enable staff and partners to contribute through remote-access portals.
Automatically create files in common formats, such as PDF, at the end of an approved process.
Create custom applications to meet specific business requirements through the API.
SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional Features
Enable everyone involved in your projects to share information and collaborate
Collaborate across boundaries
Product development organizations can span continents and time zones. SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional creates a collaborative community regardless of distance and location.
- Search for data in multiple ways, using parameters such as document or file name, contained data, or custom properties like part number, description, and current workflow state (e.g., released or in process).
- Give distributed users quick access to designs, specifications, and documentation through vault replication.
- Enable staff and partners to contribute through web enabled portals from various connected devices including smartphones and tablets.
- Control access to specific engineering data and project information through secure access including integrations to Active Directory (AD) and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
Manage non-CAD data easily
Essential product data extends beyond mechanical CAD files and SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional enables efficient management of all design related information.
- Easily produce customized Bills of Materials (BOMs) for individual departments.
- Manage, view and print document from more than 250 file types including major CAD formats, Microsoft Office files, images, and animations.
- Automatically create neutral files, such as PDFs, eDrawings, or STEP
- Take advantage of the many included integrations to popular CAD applications, SOLIDWORKS Electrical, and Microsoft Office.
Automate business processes
SOLIDWORKS PDM has an intuitive graphical user interface to help you map workflows and minimize administrative work, while automated tracking of approvals and sign-offs maintains accuracy and accountability.
- Utilize multiple workflows to handle different document types and approval processes.
- Facilitate multiple require approvers with Parallel transitions.
- Utilize serial number generators to automatically create and assign properties, such as part numbers, project numbers, and document IDs.
- Automate the creation of project folder structures and standard documents to help ensure consistency and completeness of data.
SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional Training
Learn how to use the client and administrator tools
Using SOLIDWORKS PDM
In the Using SOLIDWORKS PDM Course you will learn the essential skills for managing files with SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard and Professional versions
SOLIDWORKS PDM Case Studies
Canadian Designers & Manufacturers organize their data with SOLIDWORKS PDM
"Javelin’s quick response time, sales and technical support are all very good. We implemented SOLIDWORKS in 1998 and to date, remain a satisfied customer"
Brad Toole, Engineering Manager
Breaker Technology Ltd.
"The time we save using SOLIDWORKS and doing our own 3D printing helps us validate designs quickly to meet demanding project deadlines"
Ron Ryan, Fabrication Group Manager
"SOLIDWORKS has definitely brought something different to the Solar Industry. Our U.S. counterparts use 2D, but they will be switching to 3D soon"
Chris White, Design & Technical Manager
“Javelin is an easily accessible reseller who is supportive, knowledgeable and professional. Keep up the Gold Standard level of service.”
Michael Fernando, Tool & Die Designer
Theta Industries Inc.
“SOLIDWORKS is now the de facto standard and Javelin is one of the best SOLIDWORKS resellers. How can you go wrong with a de facto standard on both the reseller and the software?”
John Leavitt, Owner
“Javelin staff and technical support are excellent. They are knowledgeable, helpful and thorough. Technical questions are always answered; either immediately or in a timely manner.”
Christa Carey, Technical Support Manager
“We rely heavily on our software to keep us profitable, and Javelin is always in the background keeping ProVantage running.”
Peter Graham, Engineering Manager
"Javelin does far more than sell software and 3D printers. They provide team support and resources, when there were technical challenges, Javelin stepped up and made it right."
Timm Williams, Partner
"Evolve Design Solutions appreciates the excellent customer service, product knowledge and technical support provided by Javelin, our SOLIDWORKS Value Added Reseller (VAR).”
Aldo Balatti, Principal
Evolve Design Solutions
“Javelin offers the complete package; good products, good service and value for what you need. They’re a great bunch of people who are always willing to help you out.”
Mark McCumber, Senior Designer
F-B Tool & Die Limited
"As far as Javelin goes, they’re really nice guys. Excellent technical support is provided by a consistent group of people. Reasonable, low pressure sales support is also appreciated."
Mike McGuire, President
"I’ve been a believer in SOLIDWORKS PDM since day one because it’s been effective since day one"
Ray Minato, President
Inertia Engineering + Design
"Javelin seems to make an extra effort to ensure that the software’s capabilities are being maximized to benefit the customer.”
Darryl Turrie, Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited
"Javelin employees are friendly, knowledgeable and quick to respond with effective solutions, and ZEC Wind Power is very pleased to be affiliated with this company."
Michelle El-Hage, Designer
ZEC Wind Power
SOLIDWORKS Services included
Improve your performance and productivity with Javelin services
With SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service, you have access to extensive help from our SOLIDWORKS experts. Which will enhance your software investment and guide you through development challenges.
- Live Technical Support from our certified support team.
- Remote Support to solve your technical issue right on your machine.
- Regular Communication of software updates and technical tips and tricks.
Upgrades & Resources
Enjoy the latest version of your software and direct access to a comprehensive library of drawings, parts, assemblies, and features contributed by users around the globe.
- Automatic Upgrades to the most Up-to-date Version of your SOLIDWORKS software.
- FREE access to the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal for Macros, Documentation, and the ability to submit Enhancement Requests.
- Full access to the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base for Articles, Tech Tips, and Best Practices.
Online Training & Certification
A MySolidWorks online account is included with your subscription service where you can get answers, stay current, and sharpen your design skills with online training:
- Your MySolidWorks Standard Account includes 600+ online tutorial videos.
- FREE access to SOLIDWORKS testing and certification to help you become a Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) or Professional (CSWP).
Find out the Cost
Get Canadian pricing for SOLIDWORKS software