In this edition of Javelin’s SOLIDWORKS 2019 video series, Application Engineer; Colin Murphy, highlights the new enhancements in SOLIDWORKS 2019 for additive manufacturing! Prototyping your designs, just got easier.
Digital/Additive Manufacturing with 3D Printers has opened the door for faster and more cost effective production. 3D printed manufacturing applications and tooling can make dramatic improvements in both time and cost efficiency, when compared with more traditional production methods.
Manufacturing problems that our customers face
- Need to validate tools, processes, and end products more thoroughly to avoid costly errors that lead to waste, scrap, rework, and retooling.
- Need to create custom tooling faster and more cost effectively.
- Need to test and validate molded parts using final production processes and materials.
- Need to create accurate casting patterns faster and at a lower cost.
- Need production manufacturing software to work directly with SOLIDWORKS.
Additive Manufacturing with Plastic & Metal 3D Printers
Javelin's Stratasys and Desktop Metal 3D printing solutions empower manufacturers to reduce investment and part costs, maximize assembly line efficiency, and reduce the weight of production tools — to stay one step ahead of industry challenges.
We can help you to support lean manufacturing strategies with 3D printers that can create your manufacturing tools on demand. Custom tools built directly from CAD can be ready for use in as little as a day. Plus you can create the perfect tool for the job, even if it's hollow, contoured, customized or otherwise too complex for traditional tool-production processes like CNC machining.
Related resources for SOLIDWORKS 2019: