SOLIDWORKS 2021 Video
SOLIDWORKS CAM 2021 gives the manufacturing floor more automation with expanded stock options, enhanced drill operations, and control over where you’re managing posts. Watch how SOLIDWORKS CAM enables seamless design to manufacturing, powering your everyday milling and turning:
SOLIDWORKS CAM 2021 enhancements include:
- Rebuild data when stock parameters are modified. In the Mill module, when you modify stock parameters after generating features, options, or toolpaths, a warning lets you rebuild data for entities affected by the change. These entities may include coordinate systems, mill part setups, features, and operations. If you decide not to rebuild, a What’s Wrong? option in the context menu for the Feature tree and Operations tree flags the entities affected so you can rebuild the CAM data later.
- Define cylindrical stock for mill parts. You can define a Cylindrical Stock for mill parts and assemblies in the Stock Manager dialog box. You can define Cylindrical Stock specifying parameters such as the center axis, origin, diameter, and length of the cylinder, and offsets.
- Define bounding box stock using predefined blocks. In the Stock Manager dialog box, you can select a premachined bounding box to align stock with a part. You can save changes to the premachined block and assign it to a unique material group in the
- Technology Database. Modify Path to Post Processors in the Technology Database In the Settings tab of the Technology Database, you can specify a folder location for post processors associated with a Mill or Turning machine. You can then select post processors in the General tab of the Mill machine or Turning machine.
- Defining peck amounts for Point-to-Point Operations. You can define peck amounts for point-to-point operations as a percentage of the diameter or the flute length of a tool, as well as an absolute value.
- Supported Platforms for SOLIDWORKS CAM SOLIDWORKS® CAM 2021 Beta supports the 64-bit version of SOLIDWORKS 2020, running on a 64-bit version of Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 7 (SP1 or higher).
SOLIDWORKS CAM 2021 gives your manufacturing floor more automation with expanded stock options, enhanced drill operations, and control over where you’re managing posts.