SOLIDWORKS 2022 Video
SOLIDWORKS Electrical 2022 has improved performance with large and multi-user Electrical projects will save you time creating, changing, and copying your work. Smart PDF documentation improves the quality of your reports. Enjoy more complete representation and documentation of backshells.
SOLIDWORKS Electrical 2022 Highlights
SOLIDWORKS Electrical is a separately purchased product.
- Faster 3D electrical routing: Accelerate electrical design creation and design changes.
- Significantly accelerate the routing of 3D wires, cables, and harnesses in your machine or product.
- Try more design ideas during the design cycle with faster route creation.
- Improved performance with large electrical projects: Save time when working with large electrical projects.
- Speed up commonly used operations such as copy, paste, delete, and undo.
- Make design changes from schematic to 3D faster.
- Create large electrical projects more quickly.
- Increased performance in multiuser electrical design environments: Increase productivity with better collaboration among concurrent users.
- Enable faster operations for multiuser groups doing concurrent electrical design.
- Make data sharing and collaboration between multiple users easier.
- Enhancement to the Electrical Content Portal (ECP): Create electrical designs faster with streamlined sourcing of electrical content.
- ECP is now included in the Task Pane of SOLIDWORKS Electrical, making it easier to access.
- Search for electrical content directly from inside SOLIDWORKS Electrical.
- Improved navigation in electrical reports: Improve design quality with easy navigation of your electrical project documentation.
- Enable multiple hyperlinks per report cell.
- Link electrical reports to component datasheets.
- Enhanced harness flattening documentation: Improve product quality through more complete documentation and quicker access to component reference documents.
- Select the main segments of a harness route in 3D to guide the flattening process.
- Simplify the organization of harness documentation by targeting the trunk line.
- Improved documentation of harness and cable designs with shared electrical connectors: Enjoy greater flexibility
in documenting electrical harness and cable designs.
- Include external connectors that are shared but outside of the electrical route.
- Include external connector information in documentation tables such as circuit summary tables and connector tables.
- Add block views of external connectors on harness board drawings.
- Support for backshells: Improve design quality through a more complete 3D representation of the overall design.
- Use both straight and angled backshells in your electrical route design.
- Create the route and then add, rotate, or change backshells as needed.
- Enhanced 2D documentation of backshells in electrical designs: Enjoy more complete and more flexible documentation of electrical designs.
- Include straight or angled backshells in harness board drawings.
- Include views of angled backshells in flattened harness views.
- Refinements to bend radius control: Improve design quality through a more realistic 3D representation of electrical routes.
- Avoid bend radius errors with automated routing of wire, cable, and harnesses in 3D.
- Create more robust 3D routing when using limited electrical guide path sketches.
- Links in BOMs: In BOMs, you can manage links in a merged cell, for example, when several components use the same manufacturer part.
- Add Data Files in the Export PDF: If you attach PDF files to the project as data files, you can export them in the exported PDF file.
- Testing the Query in the Expert Mode: When you edit report configurations in Expert mode, Test fully query includes the sort conditions and filters.
- Displaying ERP Data in the Manufacturer Parts Manager: If you connect the ERP data, you can display it in the Manufacturer Parts Manager.
- Including Data Sheets in Exported PDFs: You can include the data sheets associated with the manufacturer parts in exported PDF files.
- Displaying Break Condition in Report Manager: In the Report Manager, you can display a Break condition column that shows the field in which you have created the break condition.
- User Interface Redesign: The user interface is enhanced to be more ergonomic and user friendly.
- Attribute in Origin – Destination Arrows: In the Origin – Destination arrows feature, the attribute #P_CONNECTED_0 lets you display the mark of the components connected through the arrows.
- Displaying All the Wire Numbers on the Middle of the Line: When you number the wires, you can select a specific mode allowing you to display the wire number on the middle of the line segment.
- Connection Point Creation Enhancements: Connection points (CPoints) let you connect wires or cables with connectors.
Are you ready for SOLIDWORKS 2022? Get your company, department and individual users ready by downloading our update guide.