SOLIDWORKS 2022 Video
With SOLIDWORKS Plastics 2022 get optimal results faster with the Injection Location Adviser. Expanded runner shapes allow you to create more real-world studies. With enhancements to Symmetry, you can represent multi-cavity molds that solve quicker than ever.
SOLIDWORKS Plastics 2022 Highlights
SOLIDWORKS® Plastics Standard, SOLIDWORKS Plastics Professional, and SOLIDWORKS Plastics Premium are separately purchased products that you can use with SOLIDWORKS Standard, SOLIDWORKS Professional, and SOLIDWORKS Premium.
- Cavity and Runner Layouts: You can create dedicated boundary conditions for cyclic and symmetric cavity and runner layouts. You can also preview the cavity and runner layouts during the modeling stage to confirm their design specifications.
- Injection Location Advisor: The Injection Location Advisor assesses a part’s geometry to identify up to four suitable injection locations by considering the specified material, process conditions, and mold opening direction.
- Plastics Materials Database: The Plastics material database is updated according to the latest data from the material manufacturers.
- PlasticsManager Tree: Usability is improved for the PlasticsManager tree.
- Scaling for High-Resolution Displays: SOLIDWORKS Plastics supports monitors with 4K and higher resolution displays.
- SOLIDWORKS Plastics Solvers: The performance of the Cool and Fill analysis modules is improved to accelerate the overall analysis time.
About SOLIDWORKS Plastics
For companies that design plastic parts or injection molds, SOLIDWORKS® Plastics helps users predict and avoid manufacturing defects during the earliest stages of part and mold design, eliminating costly mold rework, improving part quality, and decreasing time to market.
SOLIDWORKS Plastics offers computer-aided engineering (CAE) simulation tools that predict how melted plastic flows during the injection molding process—the manufacturing method used to produce more than 80 percent of all plastics products. The ability to predict how the plastic will flow allows the prediction of manufacturing-related defects. By being able to predict these defects, users can change mold geometry, processing conditions, or the plastic material used, to minimize potential defects, thus saving energy, natural resources, time, and money.
- Avoid Hidden Costs: SOLIDWORKS Plastics products can be used to optimize part wall thickness, gate locations, runner system size, and layout to ensure the mold works right the first time, reducing or eliminating the need for rework.
- Reduce Manufacturing Defects and Scrap: SOLIDWORKS Plastics makes it easy to analyze design iterations at the earliest stages of product development—when the cost of change is lowest and the impact on manufacturability is greatest. This improves part quality and minimizes scrap rates.
- Reduce Time-to-Market Delays: SOLIDWORKS Plastics helps to predict and avoid potential manufacturing defects before any mold tooling is cut, virtually eliminating the need for time consuming and costly mold rework and ensuring project deadlines and ship dates are met, and projects are within budget.
- Avoid Inefficient ‘Islands of Automation’: SOLIDWORKS Plastics provides automated report generation tools that facilitate the sharing and interpretation of simulation results, allowing increased collaboration among development teams at different sites.
SOLIDWORKS Plastics Standard
Helps you ensure parts are manufacturable during the design process. Easy to learn and use, SOLIDWORKS Plastics Standard is fully embedded within SOLIDWORKS CAD, so you can analyze and modify part designs at the same time you optimize for form, fit, and function.
SOLIDWORKS Plastics Professional
Builds upon SOLIDWORKS Plastics Standard with added support for mold design analysis. With easy-to-use tools, you can quickly analyze single- and multi-cavity, and family mold layouts, including sprues, runners, and gates, to estimate cycle time, and to optimize feed system design.
SOLIDWORKS Plastics Premium
Includes SOLIDWORKS Plastics Professional with advanced simulation functionality to analyze mold cooling line layouts and part warpage. Optimizing the cooling line minimizes cycle times and decreases manufacturing costs.
SOLIDWORKS Design Support
- Native SOLIDWORKS files
- Associative with SOLIDWORKS geometry
- Fully embedded in SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD
General Analysis and Meshing
- Automated mesh generation
- Guided mesh creation and analysis setup
- Global and local mesh refinement controls
- Solid 3D mesh
- Boundary mesh (shell)
Are you ready for SOLIDWORKS 2022? Get your company, department and individual users ready by downloading our update guide.