SOLIDWORKS 2021 Video
Since the introduction of SOLIDWORKS Visualize, creating eye catching, photorealistic images from CAD data has never been easier, and in SOLIDWORKS Visualize 2021, the integration between SOLIDWORKS CAD design and Visualize is even better.
SOLIDWORKS Visualize 2021 enhancements include:
- SOLIDWORKS Visualize brings even tighter integration with the CAD model by supporting configurations saved in the CAD part or assembly.
- User interface enhancements for SOLIDWORKS Visualize include improvements for animations, properties, decals, and appearances.
- Applying appearances has always been a simple drag and drop from the appearance library. Visualize 2021 extends this simplicity with a more direct way to select a material when active in part selection mode. Just like before, a single click will select the desired part, New in 2021, a double click will select the parts appearance. This makes for easy work to copy and paste appearances and even edit existing appearances. No longer do you need to toggle between two different selection modes making this an extremely handy enhancement.
- Section views now support coloured capping options, giving even more freedom with creating detailed part and assembly renderings.
- Displacement Mapping. New options provide more overall control of displacements, and a new map type is available for bump textures.
- Draco Compression for SOLIDWORKS Visualize GLTF and GLB Exporter. You can use Draco compression when exporting 3D scenes from SOLIDWORKS Visualize to .glTF and .glB files.
- When it comes to creating renderings, nothing beats the speed of Visualize hybrid rendering engine coupled with AI denoiser. Previous releases of Visualize allowed you to generate rendering passes for specific rendering layers, such as beauty, alpha, ambient occlusion, and so on, which would each require their own rendering process. Now in Visualize 2021, the rendering workflow has been dramatically streamlined by generating each of these requested layers in a single rendering output.
- SOLIDWORKS Visualize Professional 2021 offers a new camera ‘toon’ filter to give an artist, conceptual sketched effect. Toon shading mimics the style of a comic book or cartoon and provides a characteristic paper-like texture. There is a list of preset effects like white on black, black on white, that are accessible through a drop down list. Ambient occlusion gives a great shaded effect, and with the ability to modify shading styles and line colours, the options beyond the presets are endless