Answer your tough engineering questions
“What if?” It’s the inspiration that fuels innovation—and with SOLIDWORKS®
Simulation Standard software, you remove the risk and replace it with a 3D workspace to virtually test your new ideas, develop new designs, and accelerate your products to market.
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard Features
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard gives you an intuitive virtual testing environment for linear static, time-based motion, and fatigue simulation, so you can answer common engineering challenges with a SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD embedded solution
Evaluate your product performance throughout its operational cycle with motion analysis
SOLIDWORKS Motion Simulation provides engineers with powerful, intuitive assembly motion analysis to accurately determine the physical movements of the assembly under load, as well as the timing (time-based motion) or sequencing (event based motion).
- Define motion studies with time-based approach for rigid body kinematic and dynamic problems.
- Leverage SOLIDWORKS assembly mates along with part properties for motion analysis.
- Evaluate characteristics like actuator force and joint loads for motion optimization.
- Gain greater control of model actuators with servomotors.
Verify your design with powerful linear static analysis
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard linear stress analysis enables designers and engineers to quickly and efficiently validate quality, performance, and safety—all while creating their design.
Tightly integrated with SOLIDWORKS CAD, linear stress analysis using can be a regular part of your design process, reducing the need for costly prototypes, eliminating rework and delays, and saving time and development costs.
- Test products made of weldments, sheet metal, and volume geometry with mixed mesh.
- Evaluate strain and stresses between contacting parts, including friction.
- Apply bearing loads, forces, pressures, and torques.
- Improve designs based on structural, motion, or geometric criteria.
- Use connectors or virtual fasteners to model bolts, pins, springs, and bearings, and dimension them under applied loads.
- Activate the Trend Tracker and Design Insight plots to highlight optimal design changes while you work.
- Intuitively manage your shell model with the Shell Manager.
Study the effects of cyclic loading on product life
Carry out fatigue analysis and predict component fatigue failures during the design phase with the CAD-embedded SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard add-in. You can then adjust your design or define a preventive maintenance schedule to reduce warranty costs and maximize product life.
- Check a system’s expected life or accumulated damage after a specified number of cycles.
- Import load history data from real physical tests to define loading events.
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Benefits
Get products to market faster with less physical prototyping
Boost product innovation
Grow market share and differentiate through groundbreaking product design.
Empower the engineering team with intuitive, powerful 3D simulation tools to compare design scenarios and new ideas to bring innovative products to market.
Decrease development costs
Reduce the need for costly prototyping by integrating virtual testing early in product development.
Reduce outsourcing costs by testing performance and functionality internally.
Improve product efficency
Improve product performance, such as lower pressure drop and increased horsepower.
Optimize assembly performance by verifying part and mold designs in the earliest stages of development.
"Javelin’s quick response time, sales and technical support are all very good. We implemented SOLIDWORKS in 1998 and to date, remain a satisfied customer"
Brad Toole, Engineering Manager
Breaker Technology Ltd.
"The time we save using SOLIDWORKS and doing our own 3D printing helps us validate designs quickly to meet demanding project deadlines"
Ron Ryan, Fabrication Group Manager
"SOLIDWORKS has definitely brought something different to the Solar Industry. Our U.S. counterparts use 2D, but they will be switching to 3D soon"
Chris White, Design & Technical Manager
“Javelin is an easily accessible reseller who is supportive, knowledgeable and professional. Keep up the Gold Standard level of service.”
Michael Fernando, Tool & Die Designer
Theta Industries Inc.
“SOLIDWORKS is now the de facto standard and Javelin is one of the best SOLIDWORKS resellers. How can you go wrong with a de facto standard on both the reseller and the software?”
John Leavitt, Owner
“Javelin staff and technical support are excellent. They are knowledgeable, helpful and thorough. Technical questions are always answered; either immediately or in a timely manner.”
Christa Carey, Technical Support Manager
“We rely heavily on our software to keep us profitable, and Javelin is always in the background keeping ProVantage running.”
Peter Graham, Engineering Manager
"Javelin does far more than sell software and 3D printers. They provide team support and resources, when there were technical challenges, Javelin stepped up and made it right."
Timm Williams, Partner
"Evolve Design Solutions appreciates the excellent customer service, product knowledge and technical support provided by Javelin, our SOLIDWORKS Value Added Reseller (VAR).”
Aldo Balatti, Principal
Evolve Design Solutions
“Javelin offers the complete package; good products, good service and value for what you need. They’re a great bunch of people who are always willing to help you out.”
Mark McCumber, Senior Designer
F-B Tool & Die Limited
"As far as Javelin goes, they’re really nice guys. Excellent technical support is provided by a consistent group of people. Reasonable, low pressure sales support is also appreciated."
Mike McGuire, President
"I’ve been a believer in SOLIDWORKS PDM since day one because it’s been effective since day one"
Ray Minato, President
Inertia Engineering + Design
"Javelin seems to make an extra effort to ensure that the software’s capabilities are being maximized to benefit the customer.”
Darryl Turrie, Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited
"Javelin employees are friendly, knowledgeable and quick to respond with effective solutions, and ZEC Wind Power is very pleased to be affiliated with this company."
Michelle El-Hage, Designer
ZEC Wind Power
SOLIDWORKS Services included
Improve your performance and productivity with Javelin services
With SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service, you have access to extensive help from our SOLIDWORKS experts. Which will enhance your software investment and guide you through development challenges.
- Live Technical Support from our certified support team.
- Remote Support to solve your technical issue right on your machine.
- Regular Communication of software updates and technical tips and tricks.
Upgrades & Resources
Enjoy the latest version of your software and direct access to a comprehensive library of drawings, parts, assemblies, and features contributed by users around the globe.
- Automatic Upgrades to the most Up-to-date Version of your SOLIDWORKS software.
- FREE access to the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal for Macros, Documentation, and the ability to submit Enhancement Requests.
- Full access to the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base for Articles, Tech Tips, and Best Practices.
Online Training & Certification
A MySolidWorks online account is included with your subscription service where you can get answers, stay current, and sharpen your design skills with online training:
- Your MySolidWorks Standard Account includes 600+ online tutorial videos.
- FREE access to SOLIDWORKS testing and certification to help you become a Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) or Professional (CSWP).
Find out the Cost
Get Canadian pricing for SOLIDWORKS software